10 Ways to Do Something Nice

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

Random acts of kindness can always brighten someone’s day. Whether it is a friend, classmate or even a stranger, surprising someone with something nice never goes unappreciated. Here are a few ways you can bring a smile to someone’s face this week:  

1. Leave a surprise note.

It can be a few sentences or even just a cute doodle. Leave it in a place you know they will find it to make their day!

2. Ship a care package.

Nothing is more exciting than receiving an unexpected package (especially when it’s from someone other than your Grandma)! Put together a box of your friend’s favorite things and send it their way.

3. Write a good morning text.

Write a message that will make someone smile as soon as they wake up!

4. Compliment a person you don’t know.

Whether it’s what they’re wearing, their hair style, or a quality you admire, tell them what you like about them!

5. Bring a friend food.

There’s no better way to make someone’s day than with their favorite snacks!

6. Hold the door.

Something so simple that many of us forget. Remember to hold the door for whoever is behind you!

7. Tell someone why you appreciate them.

Tell a friend what exactly it is about them that makes you so happy to have them in your life.

8. Smile and say hi to everyone you see.

Saying hi is so easy and has such a positive effect.

9. Write a letter to a friend.

Letters are a special way to remind a person they’re important to you! Mail a surprise one to a faraway friend, or give one in person.

10. Remind someone that you love them.

Sometimes people just need to hear it.

I am a Freshman at Elon University and originally from Philadelphia, PA. I am currently obtaining a degree in Strategic Communications. I have always loved to write, and Her Campus provides an amazing platform to connect with other college females around the world!