10 Reasons Why Fall is Elon’s Favorite Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

1.Fall Foliage

Everyone loves to watch the leaves change color. Elon being a fairly wooded campus, there is no prettier time to take in the scenery. Even once the leaves fall off and are piled up on the ground, it is a perfect time to reminisce about your childhood and how you would shuffle through leaf piles trying to make as much noise as possible.

2.The Fashion

Jeans, boots, and scarves oh my! Fall is the time to show off new styles and trends, but do we really need anything else besides those three key ingredients? Walking around Elon’s campus on any given fall day, you are bound to see at lease ten girls wearing some variation of the jeans, boots, and scarf combo.

3.No Humidity

After enduring a long summer of sweat, heat stroke, and avoiding grey t-shirts, people are ready to move on to better weather.  The weather app no longer says 98% humidity, which means people can go outside without feeling like they are walking though water. P.S. my hair loves you fall.

4.Pumpkin Spice Latte

The time has finally come and pumpkin spice everything is back in season. It is acceptable once again to eat pumpkin flavored anything for every meal of the day.

5.TV Shows

When you’re not in the mood to take in all of the beauty that Elon has to offer, and just want to get cozy indoors, have no fear because you know a new episode of your favorite TV show will be on.

6.Halloween

This is one of students’ favorite holidays at Elon. People start planning months in advance to make sure that they have a different outfit for each night of the weekend, and that each costume is the perfect combination of funny, but cute in its own way. So when the time comes, people can’t wait to show off their creative costumes.

7.Thanksgiving

What could be better than getting a ten-day break from schoolwork and getting to spend quality time with your loved ones? Enjoy every last minute spending time with them while eating delicious turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and apple pie.

8.No-shave November

Let’s not forget this magical time of the year. As the weather is getting colder, people are more inspired to have an extra layer of warmth. Bring on the beards.

9.Autumn Activities

Who knew farms could be so fun? Hayrides and apple picking are all the rage and everyone is doing it. There’s also no better way to get you in the mood for fall than the painting or carving of a pumpkin. Plus, it will make for a great decoration.

10.Social Media

Filters are just meant for fall. No matter which one you choose, your photo will look flawless. Fall is the perfect time to get over your Instagram anxiety, and post away!