10 Life Lessons Bridesmaids Taught Us

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.
Bridesmaids is undoubtedly a movie that characterized our young adult years and has become the

ultimate girl-bonding movie.

As the end of the semester comes closer and we all yearn for summer while trying to balance 

piling up schedules of essays, tests and club meetings, let’s look back to our favorite 

comedy for a little inspiration and motivation.

1)

Annie: “Stove, what kind of name is that?”

Steve: “That’s not a name, my name is Steve.”

Annie: “Are you an appliance?”

Steve: “No I’m a man.”

~Listening to others is key~

2) 

Annie: “Oh, I feel bad for your parents.”

13-year-old girl in jewelry store: “I feel bad for your face.”

~As we recall, Annie was fired after this little incident…the motto here is to try and be nice to

everyone~

3)

Annie: “You read my journal?”

Brynn: “At first I did not know it was your diary. I thought it was a very sad handwritten book.”

~Respect your roommate’s space~

4) 

Megan: “I don’t associate with people who blame the world for their problems. You are your 

problem. You are also your solution.”

~Self explanatory~

5)

Becca: “You smell like pine needles, and have a face like sunshine!”

~Always help your friends see the best in themselves~

6)

Nervous Woman on the Plane: “I have to go to the bathroom but I heard about a woman who 

went to the bathroom on the plane – she got sucked into the toilet. Sucked right in.”

~Being a little skeptical is good, but don’t let it get in the way of trying new things! ~

7) 

Rhodes: “Do you want to tell a cop about it? We’re just like priests except we would tell 

everybody afterwards.”

~New perspectives can be helpful, so keep an open mind!~

8)

Annie: (After Helen insists the flight attendant allow Annie to use her first class seat)
“Help me, I’m poor.”

~Saving money is important~

9) 

Helen: “I went to Thailand recently with my husband, Perry, and there’s a beautiful saying that I 

learned there.”

[Speaking Thai]

Helen: It means, “You are a part of me, a part that I could never live without. And I hope and I 

pray that I never have to. Khob-kun-Ka.”

~Cherish the friends you’ve made at Elon as much as those from home~

And most importantly…

10)

Annie’s Mom: “I’ve been thinking honey, that maybe, this is your bottom. I’m telling you, 

hitting bottom is a good thing…because there’s nowhere to go but up.”

~Always try to stay positive~

Kayla is a senior journalism major from Boston, Massachusetts and has been with HCElon since her freshman year. At Elon, she is involved in The Edge Magazine, ENN and AOII.