This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elizabethtown chapter.

Autumn is the perfect time to snuggle on the couch with some blankets and read a great book with a hot drink in hand. I’m here to help you with all of your fall bookish needs with these literary gems.

The Stalking Jack the Ripper Series by Kerri Maniscalco

This series has quickly become one of my all time favorites ever since I first read Stalking Jack the Ripper in 2017. This series follows our protagonist, Audrey Rose, as she navigates being a teenage girl while practicing forensic medicine in Victorian England. When Jack the Ripper starts killing women on the streets of London, Audrey Rose and Thomas Cresswell (the hot, intelligent, and aloof scientist that totally gets her) must team up to solve the case before Jack the Ripper disappears forever. The first three books are mysterious, dark, romantic and will leave you on the edge of your seat. And if you’re just finishing up the third book now, you’re in luck! Book four, Capturing the Devil, was just released in the beginning of September. I’m so excited to pick up the final book just as the spookiest time of year is upon us.

Until Friday Night by Abbi Glines

Abbi Glines is known for her easy breezy summer romance novels, but Until Friday Night takes on a more serious tone. This isn’t just another book about the popular guy and the shy girl; West and Maggie have to deal with some major issues that end up connecting them in a profound way. This is a sweet, but powerful love story between two people who found each other through communication and mutual understanding. Until Friday Night is a romance that has a high school football vibe that is perfect for the autumn.

Till Death by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Till Death is an adult romance/mystery that follows Sasha Keaton, a woman who escaped a serial killer and must return to her hometown after 10 years away. When Sasha is threatened and women start disappearing again, FBI agent Cole Landis vows to protect her. This novel has it all: mystery, intrigue, romance and suspense all thrown into a nice little paperback package. If you haven’t been able to tell already, the combination of mystery and romance is totally the mood for autumn. 

Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett

Over the past year, I have read three of Jenn Bennett’s novels and have completely fallen in love with them. Alex, Approximately and Serious Moonlight are romances that give you all the feels, but I think my favorite as of right now as to be Starry Eyes. Jenn Bennett paints a beautiful picture of what it’s like to be in love at a young age and I cannot handle the swoon factor of these romances. I think that all three of these jewels are unique and page-turners in their own way. Starry Eyes gives me a fall vibe, but once you finish you’ll be wanting more, so have the next to books at your disposal.

Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire

I was recently recommended this book and I’m so glad I decided to pick it up. Any book that takes place at a school automatically screams fall to me. Okay, now don’t hate me but this is another romance. I know I have a problem. We’re moving on. Abby Abernathy has a troubled past and hopes that going to college will help solidify her newfound good girl image. Enter Travis Maddox: gorgeous, rebellious, and exactly want Abby wants to avoid. Abby tries to fight her attraction to Travis, but has a hard time succeeding. This book has twists and turns that I definitely did not see coming. Beautiful Disaster was a fast-paced and riveting read that should be on every romance lover’s shelf. 

Honorable Mention: The Harry Potter Series

What autumn book recs list would be complete without mentioning the wonderful and magical Harry Potter. Give it a reread. Give it a first read (if you haven’t already, myself and the world highly suggest it). Halloween is the best time for a dip in the Potter universe.

Lauren Robitaille

Elizabethtown '22

Hi! I'm a junior at Elizabethtown College. I'm majoring in English and minoring in both Women & Gender Studies and Creative Writing. I enjoy reading, drinking excessive amounts of coffee and binging tv show like nobody's business!