Four Reasons Being Single On Valentine’s Day Is Awesome

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

I know some people aren’t into Valentine’s Day at all and I know some people aren’t into Valentine’s Day when they are single. Here are a few things that make it an awesome day anyways…

Half off on chocolate:

I don’t know about you guys, but there is nothing better than being able to buy half off chocolate on Valentine’s Day (or after). Chocolate can be expensive at times so I get to save money by not having to buy a gift for another person and I get to treat myself to half off quality chocolate.

You don’t have to worry about sharing your candy:

I’m very giving when it comes to a lot of things, but my candy isn’t always one of those things. Trust me, if I had a boyfriend or if I was with my girlfriends I would be more than willing to share my candy. But there is nothing better than knowing that if I’m alone that I don’t HAVE to share. It’s the little things, guys.

Heart shaped foods:

I live for the heart shaped biscuits that you can find at Chic-Fil-A and Bojangles around Valentine’s Day. Now, I feel like these should be enjoyed by everyone, but that’s just my opnion. They’re cute and delicious, live it up.

Girl’s night:

GALENTINES DAY. There is no better time than Valentine’s Day to hang out with your closest girlfriends and eat all of the junk that you please while you drink wine and watch a rom-com. We all need a break at times and sometimes we don’t find the time to take those breaks, so use Valentine’s Day to take a break and spend time with your friends. 

Senior at East Carolina University, Communication major with a concentration in Journalism Lover of Jesus, coffee and good books.