neonbrand I6wCDYW6ij8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand I6wCDYW6ij8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Reasons Why Every Girl Should Have a Tinder

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

1. You find out what is going on during the weekend

Nothing is better than matching with a boy on a night when you are planning to go out and he has plans. Whether it’s a frat boy giving you information on a party or finding out from a cute boy which bar he is going to. Boys always want cute girls where they are, and since you guys matched, he definitely thinks you are cute too!

2. It is a complete confidence booster!

It may sound corny but it is a great feeling to know that when you see a cute boy he actually thinks the same thing. Swiping right to a boy and “It’s a Match” comes up is a great feeling. When you are walking down the street or see a boy at a party that you think is cute, you can’t read their mind to see if they think you’re cute or not. But with Tinder you can actually see that the boy thinks the same about you and you guys can talk.

3. Shy girls can get the awkwardness out of the way

It is perfect for shy people like me that can’t just walk up to guy and talk to him. This allows me to be able to get to know them non face to face so that I can finally be comfortable to see them out and have a conversation with a guy. It may sound silly but if you consider yourself sometimes socially awkward, it totally makes sense.

4. No strings attached?

The relationship will only go as far as you want it to. If he messages you first, the ball is in your court; you are in control. You decide whether to answer or not, if you want to give your number to him or not, and whether to hang out with him or not. And you won’t be pressured because it is not in person. Nothing is worse than a guy asking for your number in person and you feel obligated to give it to him. Hint: I’ve learned whenever you don’t want to give a guy a number always just ask for his. Whether you are just looking for someone to talk to, a hook up, or even a relationship, you can find it on Tinder. I’ve hung out with guys and even gone on dates through Tinder. So it doesn’t have to just be for hook ups. A girl in my sorority actually met her long-term boyfriend through Tinder!

5. You can get a good laugh

Sometimes you get lucky and a guy will send you a funny pick-up line. Some of them have actually made me laugh out loud. Some examples consist of “Are you my appendix? Because I’m not sure how you work but this feeling in my stomach makes me want to take you out!” or “*fork and knife emoji* now all I need is the little spoon.” Very corny but they are definitely an A+ for effort! Even my roommate just has it so she can send weird responses back to the boys to see if they’ll still try to keep a conversation with her. Or when you get a hold of your friends phone and swipe right to everyone, which can also get quite funny.

It doesn’t matter what you are truly looking for in a guy, Tinder is definitely the move! It is a great way to meet guys around you. Also, it can make your day. Whether it’s a cute boy matching with you or a corny pick up line. So girls if you haven’t already get some cute selfies ready, make an account, and get swiping. You won’t regret it!

I am a sophomore at East Carolina University. I am from New Jersey so I'm just a northern girl trying to make it in a city that says ya'll instead of you guys.
Born and raised in Fayetteville, NC, but Ocean Isle Beach is closer to my heart. I'm an East Carolina University sophomore and a passionate English and Creative writing major.