5 Reasons to Get Excited for the Gilmore Girls Revival

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

As any Gilmore Girls fan would already know, Gilmore Girls will be revived on Netflix this November! The actual date that it is to come back is November 25, but we’re all ready for it. I, personally, can’t wait. I remember I didn’t watch Gilmore Girls until I was in high school and found all of the season on Netflix, and now here are 6 reasons to get excited for the revival this fall.

1. It will come back on November 25th! Which is so soon, you won’t have to wait very long for it to come back on!

2. It will be on Netflix! So you can watch it as many times as you want, whenever you want, virtually anywhere you want. And if you dont have Netflix, I’m sure you can find a friend who does, or you can always start a free trial.

3. Nearly the entire original cast will be in it. That’s right! Lorelai, Rory, Dean, Lane, Luke, Sookie, Emily, and the other characters will all be played by the same actors and acresses that played in the original series. The only actor that will not be returning will be Edward Herrman (Richard Gilmore) because he passed away in 2014. 

4. Each episode will be an hour and a half long. So everytime you watch an episode, it will be like watching a movie! Of course then, you’ll have to plan out a time to watch it, but in the end you’ll end up getting so much Gilmore Girls without commercials, or having to binge 3 episodes to watch the same amount of show as an hour and a half.

5. It will be in real time. So the series will take place 8 years after the last episode, and we will all get to see what happened to the characters and where they are now. We’ll get to see where Rory went and who she ended up with, or if she ended up with anyone at all. As well as what happened to Luke and Lorelai and Ms. Patty. 

I hope all of you are half as excited as I am for this revival, I hope it will be awesome because there has been a lot of hype surrounding it. If not, I’m sure there will be other revivals. 

I am currently a junior at ECU, majoring in Secondary English Education. I really just like to read and write.