samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

18 Things That Happen When Your Always Busy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECU chapter.

I’ve always been busy. I like to be busy. I like to feel like i’m needed, and useful. It’s a common thing that people will come up to me and tell me they’ve seen me somewhere but they don’t know where. I usually laugh and tell them “I’m everywhere” because well… I am most of the time. It’s a lifestyle, we’re a rare breed of people that feed off of the energy of those around us to be as involved as we can. 

1.Free time is like Christmas morning

There is a very rare occurrence that you have all of your work done, meetings are through with, and nothing that needs your attention. It’s so exciting that you actually don’t know what to do with yourself so you just run around in your pajamas. Maybe if you’re lucky and have enough you can actually binge watch some Netflix. 

2. You are an awful texter, but an awesome emailer

Replying back to group chats takes a lot of work, it means that you have to forget about your priorities for a minute and take care of some girl talk. You often keep them on mute actually and only check them between activities. When it comes to emailing though, the second you hear the *bing* you check it instantly and either take action immediately or “Mark unread” so that you don’t forget to later.

3. Eat, sleep, lily planner

You’re planner is your life. It has everything written down it from when your biology homework is due, to sorority events, to every meeting you’ve ever attended. 

4. Sometimes you forget to eat

After a long day of classes and different activities, you’ll be sitting in your 7pm meeting wondering why your stomach is rumbling… Oh right, because you forgot to eat today, that makes sense.

5. You don’t procrastinate

The whole staying up late the night before a paper is due to write it thing is foreign to you. You usually block out a time to complete it as soon as it is assigned, because ain’t nobody got time for all nighters.

6. You’re often clueless about celebrity gossip

You can rattle off everything going on on campus and in your community, but when it comes to celebrity gossip or the latest vine everyone’s watching you tend to be clueless.

7. Your friends always come to you with questions

No matter what the question is about, you are the go to friend that people go to. Especially if it it regarding your university. People assume that because you’re involved in a lot of things, you can answer every question they have about life.

8. You plan your outfits the night before, and often have a change in your bag

Being on campus for 12 hours straight with a morning tour, a gym class, and a business casual meeting at night can be a bit challenging. It’s the struggle of packing your backpack so tightly with outfit changes that it actually hurts your back to carry.

9. You love sticky notes

Whether they’re sticky notes on your desk reminding you to do laundry, or they’re sticky notes you leave on the sink to remind your roommates of things because you’re too busy too actually see them in person… sticky notes are life savers.

10. You appreciate phone calls with your mom

There is a single fix to the stress that creeps up on you when it all becomes overwhelming. Calling mom. She’s the only person that will let you talk about yourself for 10 minutes straight and then tell you that you’re doing great, no matter how you’re doing. There’s something about a single phone call that can put all your worries to ease.

11. You have big dreams

Naturally, as someone who wants to do it all in high school and college, you probably have some pretty big life goals as well. It’s always comical when someone asks you what you want to do as a career, and you list off an elaborate plan of how you plan on doing well… everything.

12. You can’t remember the last time you were bored

The phrase “bored” just isn’t in your vocabulary. There’s always something for you to do, and if you don’t have anything in your planner to do, you’ll find something pretty easily to do.

13. You don’t like to say no

When others ask you to help them with things, you make sure to find the time for it. You feel guilty saying no to people because you want to be able to be everyone’s go-to person.

14. You’re a passionate person

You put your heart into everything that you do. Whether it’s with friends, or an organization. If you invest your time then it is something you care about and will go to all ends of the earth for. 

15. Microwavable food only

You’ve tried to buy food that needs to be cooked and prepared and it just sits in the cabinet. You only have enough time to cook things that can be popped in the microwave, like Steamers. You’re usually either in too much of a time crunch to cook, or you’re too tired. 

16. Being sick doesn’t stop you

Whether you wake up feeling amazing, or you wake up barely able to move, you get going. You don’t let being sick stop you from attending events or going to class. If you can get out of bed, then you can do anything.

17. You appreciate the little things

Whether it’s a stranger telling you that they enjoyed your tour, or a sister telling you they like your outfit, you appreciate it. When someone compliments you, it can make your whole crazy day so much better, because sometimes you’re so busy you forget to think about the little things.

18. You love every second of it

You wouldn’t be you if you weren’t busy. People know you as someone who can do it all, and that is something you are pretty damn proud of. 

I'm just a northern girl living in a southern world. You've probably seen me giving a campus tour or distracting friends in the library.