This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at ECSU chapter.
Kim possible

A classic for everyone who grew up in the early 2000’s. A long-sleeved black shirt and some green cargo pants are all you need to pull off this look. Bonus points for a brown upper lip and orange hair!

Ghostface

If you know me, then you know my ungodly obsession with Ghostface. Scream is one of my favorite movies and is the reason for my love. This can practically be found anywhere and can be dressed up or down any way you want.

Roxanne from the goofy movie (1995)

This was a favorite of mine from being a kid and is super simple to throw together last minute. With a teal shirt, brown button nose, mole, and red hair wig, you’re her. That’s it! An additional piece to help with the allure is a stack of books to hold.

P.S. The post above has some other really cool costume ideas!
Hex Girls from the scooby-Doo frachise

Growing up, I wanted nothing more than to be a Hex Girl! If you are a part of a fierce trio, this is the costume for you. They give the perfect goth/witch vibes that are perfect for Halloween. Plus, there’s some variety to make each costume unique.

Betty Boop

For those who want a little more of a timeless and recognizable costume – Betty Boop! With a red mini dress, curls, and a garter (with a heart obviously), you can be an iconic character.

Western Barbie from barbie (2023)

If you want something more mainstream that will be popular this year, Barbie is your girl! Honestly, any combo of pink will work for a barbie costume. But Western Barbie – It’s not a want, it’s a need!

Dimitrescu’s Daughters from resident evil village (2021)

For those of you that are video game fans, or saw the rise in popularity of Resident Evil, you heard all about Lady Dimitrescu. However, I fell in love with the design of her daughters. The beautiful and terrifying characters have been a top want of mine to see done on Halloween, and I haven’t seen enough!

For anyone on a budget that doesn’t feel like they can participate, that’s a lie! There are plenty of budget friendly costumes using things you already have, and if you can’t fine anything try a makeup look instead. Then, you can still feel like you’re taking part in the Halloween spirit without breaking your bank. I hope you guys have an awesome Halloween and get to transform yourself just the way you want!

My name is Rebecca but I go by Becca. I’m a Junior at Eastern Connecticut State University, majoring in Communications with an interest in radio broadcasting. I’m a fan of horror movies, romance books, and trying new foods. I'm also a dog/cat mom of 4. I'm super into tattoos, piercings, and gaming.