Top shoe trends for fall/winter 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Top shoe trends for fall/winter 2014

Strappy

Whether you’re classy, sassy, chic, comfortable, or street, there is always a shoe to compliment every type of style. My personal favorite type of shoe this season is the strappy heel. I enjoy these shoes the best because they accentuate the legs by making them appear longer. The strappy shoes can vary from skinny straps that go all the way up to or past the ankle, to thick bulky straps that give a more innocent and retro flare to the perfect outfit combo. Strappy shoes are great for the fall also because they can go great with skinny pants or a cute maxi skirt for the upcoming cold of winter. This style of shoe can dress up any outfit adding the perfect ending touch. 

Knee high boots

The next shoe trend for this fall is knee high boots with low heels. Stilettos are slowly transitioning out and low heels are breaking into the scene. These shoes are great for beginners who are just starting to wear heels, because the heels are wide and short, making it much easier to balance and walk in. Knee high boots this season also vary from dressy to casual with sneakers as part of the boots as shown below. 

Sneakers

Sneakers are also in season this fall. Sneakers are comfy and trendy shoes that can now serve multiple purposes in style and comfort. Designers have also incorporated sneakers into knee high boots as described earlier. Theses shoes really compliment the street style look. An example of an outfit that is street style is the model in the leopard coat with color block sneaker wedges. The leopard coat adds chic and sophisticated while the ripped jeans and color block sneaker wedges add a comfortable and tom boyish vibe. Another example is the model to the right. She matched her neon green beanie with the color of her sneakers to add matching points to her outfit that are simple yet dramatic and eye catching. 

-Next week I will talk about trends in make up for the fall/winter season.