Stephen Barber ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

The cutest thing about Stephen Barber is that he has no idea how cute he is. Or, if he does, he doesn’t show it. He is completely humble and approachable while still being confident and radiating cuteness. I was lucky enough to sit down with our engaging ECOS president to interview him as a campus cutie, and solidify his man candy status. 

Graduation Year: 2012
Majors: International business and marine biology
Minor: French
Hometown: Weston, Connecticut
Relationship status: On the market.

Three words to describe yourself: “Active, ambitious, creative.”

Activities and interests: “Running, sailing, scuba diving, skiing, ultimate Frisbee, backpacking and crosswords.”

Involvement on campus: “ECOS president and co-captain of the ultimate frisbee team.”

Favorite quote: “There is no dishonor in losing the race, there is only dishonor in not racing because you are afraid to lose.” Garth Stein from The Art of Racing in the Rain

What would you do if Bill Gates gave you 3 billion dollars? “I would invest, save and donate. If that donation were given to me I would look to how I can give it back to someone else; how I can make a greater impact than the original gift.”

Ideal date:  “Something simple, like getting frozen yogurt and going for a walk.”

Biggest turn on: “Someone who is active.”

Biggest turn off: “Someone who smokes.”

Favorite pickup line: “I don’t think I’ve ever used a pick up line other than ‘Hey, how’s it going?’ ”

Celebrity crush: “Jessica Alba. But really Matt Damon, he is my celebrity man crush.”

Qualities you look for in a girl: “Great, bubbly personality. Caring, intelligent and outgoing.  I want to say flexible… but I feel like that might come off the wrong way.”

Where do you see yourself in five years? “Getting my MBA, hopefully at an international graduate school.”

If you could be a movie or television character, who would you be? “Michael Weston from Burn Notice.”

Favorite class at Eckerd: “Leadership and self-discovery practicum, macroeconomics and comparative physiology.”

Fun fact: “I’ve completed the Miami marathon and the Chicago marathon.”

Boxers or briefs: “Briefs.”

Some girls have all the fun; Devon Elizabeth Williams happens to be one of them. A carb loving, liberal hailing from Lakeville, Massachusetts, Devon is a senior at Eckerd College in Saint Petersburg, Florida pursuing a  major in Political Science with a double minor in Journalism and International Relations. After spending January 2011 in an intensive Winter Term program at the United Nations in New York, Devon realized that taking over the world will be more difficult than anticipated, but nothing that a vivacious red head in stilettos can’t handle. In her free time Devon is a bartending beauty queen who has a soft spot for blueberry pie, Broadway and the scheming antics of Blair Waldorf. When she’s not paddle boarding at the waterfront or laying out on Eckerd’s private South Beach you can find Devon singing in the alto section of the concert choir. At the end of the day Devon is thankful for Newport, RI, her family, Sadie the black lab, Paul Mitchell, her girlfriends, Cheetah, and rhinestones.