Larissa Chavez ’13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Graduation year: 2013

Born: Mexico City

Major: Psychology & Spanish

Career goal: Open my own natural/energy healing center. 

Relationship status: Single

Ideal date: It doesn’t matter what we do as long as there is good chemistry and a lot of laughter.

Interests and activities: Being outdoors, learning new things, meditation, music, meeting new people. 

Favorite thing about Eckerd: The people and the campus. 

Where would you take someone on a tour of Eckerd College? South Beach, Waterfront, and around the library. 

Three words to describe yourself: Curious, compassionate, friendly. 

Most embarrassing moment? Standing on a chair at the Shakira concert and having the chair close, falling to the ground with the chair around my legs and being trapped like that with no one helping me. 

Celebrity crush: Shakira, Heath Ledger, Rachel McAdams.

Some girls have all the fun; Devon Elizabeth Williams happens to be one of them. A carb loving, liberal hailing from Lakeville, Massachusetts, Devon is a senior at Eckerd College in Saint Petersburg, Florida pursuing a  major in Political Science with a double minor in Journalism and International Relations. After spending January 2011 in an intensive Winter Term program at the United Nations in New York, Devon realized that taking over the world will be more difficult than anticipated, but nothing that a vivacious red head in stilettos can’t handle. In her free time Devon is a bartending beauty queen who has a soft spot for blueberry pie, Broadway and the scheming antics of Blair Waldorf. When she’s not paddle boarding at the waterfront or laying out on Eckerd’s private South Beach you can find Devon singing in the alto section of the concert choir. At the end of the day Devon is thankful for Newport, RI, her family, Sadie the black lab, Paul Mitchell, her girlfriends, Cheetah, and rhinestones.