This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Fashion Trends: Nail Colors 2014

This summer nail colors are heating up. Warm colors are taking the stage varying from fuchsia to nude! They are perfect for pretty fingers and toes alike. Don’t forget to style up your gorgeous nails with different gems, designs, and patterns to make your nails unique and will also make your nails stand out and amaze the crowd.

The first color of the summer is fuchsia! It’s a vibrant color that can add the wow factor to your nails. This bold color really makes your nails stand out. Fuchsia is a personal favorite nail color of mine. I like to wear fuchsia nail colors for a nice evening out. Not only will my outfit make a statement but my nails will too, and it goes great with denim and dark jeans also for those casual days. 

The second color of the summer is melon. This color reminds me of a delicious sweet peach. These colors are great for pastel outfits. They are not too vibrant like the fuchsia nail polish but are rather, sweet and subtle enough not to overpower or distract too much attention from the main outfit. Melon is also a good color to mix and match with other colors like a light green or pair them with a bright shade of gold. 

The third color of the summer is nude. Nude is a perfect addition to any outfit because it can be worn and matched with virtually any color and shade. Nude nail polish is best worn with a sparkle top coat to make the nails appear more glamorous, since plain nude nail polish can sometimes be a little bland looking. Pairing the nail color with a dark bold color like plumb can be a fabulous night time combo!

The last nail color trend of the summer is blue. Blue this season can be in many different shades that can vary from light baby blues to dark denim style blues. I love blue nail polish because they are so versatile. These colors can go great with any outfit from work to play.