This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Chocolate: The Gift of Love

According to “Delish”, MSN’s online food blog, in 2009, over 58 million pounds of chocolate were purchased around Valentine’s Day; this is why February is known as National Chocolate Month. Chocolate is the perfect gift for your Valentine (or yourself). There are many different brands of chocolates and prices so you can be sure to find the right gift.

One particular brand that is my personal favorite is See’s Candies. See’s Candies is reasonably priced and has a variety of options, milk chocolate, dark chocolate, white chocolate, nuts and chews, soft centers, toffee, and lollipops. You can even buy candy by the piece at their shop in The International Mall in Tampa. Or, you can order a specialty item online.

Another, cheaper option is a Hershey product. Hershey’s products can be found at almost any grocery store. Hershey’s Kisses are a perfect Valentine’s Day gift. Nothing says “I love you” like a “kiss”. In addition to the traditional chocolate, dark, milk, and white, Hershey also makes other types of chocolate candies such as Reeses, York Peppermint Patties, and M & M’s. A great gift idea is personalized M & M’s. Hershey will let you put almost anything on an M & M, including a drawing of someone’s face.

What ever gift you chose to get that special someone, just remember, you can’t go wrong with chocolate. Chocolate is America’s favorite flavor. And for all you chocolate lovers out there, be sure to check out the Valentine’s Day displays on February 15th for some discounted goodies. Happy Valentine’s Day!