This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Fiona Maguire

Hometown: Boston

Major: Marine Biology & Environmental Studies with a minor in Journalism

Year: Junior

What is your favorite place to go to in St. Petersburg?

Paciugo’s. It’s a gelato place—it’s so good. I always get sea salt caramel.

What are you doing for winter term?

I’m going on the History of Science in London trip with Professor Denison. I’m hoping to also visit my friends in Paris and Brussels.

What are you involved with on campus?

I’m science editor for our newspaper, The Current, I help teach hip hop class, I’m VP of Outdoor Adventure Club, and I’m an editor for Her Campus. I also work for ITS.

What do you plan on doing with your Eckerd education?

That’s a hard question! Well I haven’t fully decided what I want to do yet, but I’m thinking of going on to law school for environmental policy.

Are you going home for thanksgiving? What are you going to do?

For actual thanksgiving, I’m going to be on campus and go to the on-campus dinner. After that, Outdoor Adventure Club is doing a camping trip to blue springs.

Who do you most admire in life and why?

I’m not sure. I really like Tina Fey. She’s a comedy goddess, an actress, writer, and producer, all while being a mom.

If you could only keep five possessions, what would they be?

1. My dog—his name is Teddy

2. My Nikon camera

3. My phone

4. My tent

5. My hiking backpack

If you had a chance for a “do-over” in life, what would you do differently?

I would have taken a gap year between high school and college so I would have gotten a chance to take a break from school and travel.

What is your favorite word? Least favorite word?

My favorite word is probably “chill.” My least favorite would be “yogurt.”

If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Pasta.

Favorite TV show?

The Office.

Alexis Giordano is a junior at Eckerd College where she is majoring in Psychology with a pre-health track. She became interested in physical rehabilitation when she experienced a neck injury as a child and is now planning on getting her masters for occupational therapy. She has gained communication and leadership skills throughout two main internships during her college career, and has developed a deep care for people. In the future, she hopes to work in the neonate intensive care unit as an occupational therapist and help parents effectively interact with their ill or premature babies while understanding the sensitivity of the situation.