Cameron Lucas: One Fabulous Fashionisto

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

Fresh off of his run in the Eckerd theater’s production of “Dark Play,” and hard at work on the cabaret premiere of the new musical theater troupe “Hat’s Off,” Freshman Cameron Lucas is a wildly talented performer. He also has a style that is all his own. I was able to sit down with this week’s fashionista (or fashionisto, if you would prefer) to talk about his wonderful fashion sense. It was full of laughs and talk of his favorite things.

How would you describe your personal style?
“I don’t know. I like button downs. I like to be smart, but casual at the same time. Gay, casual, prep and diva.” [Laughs]

What is the inspiration behind your fashion sense?
“My mother. She brought me up to dress so fashionably. [Laughs] My inspiration would have to be….I don’t know. I really like Italian dress and how they do a smart look and everything. So, if I had the money and the possibility, I would definitely do Versace or Armani.”

What is your favorite thing in your wardrobe?
“Oh my god. My pumps. I was going to pick out a scarf or something. Can I have two? They would be my pumps and my scarf. Can I just have, instead of my favorite thing, my favorite look. Okay. So, it would be my pumps with tight jeans, a scarf, a button down and my red hat.”

Who would consider your fashion Icon?
“Lady Gaga. That and…Ryan Gosling? I’m thinking of…I don’t think there is one particular person that I look for. There aren’t many guys that dress the way I do.”

What’s your favorite store?
“JCrew or Top Men, even though I’ve only ever been in there once.”

What advice would you give to others about fashion?
“Don’t look stupid. I mean, like, put effort into what you look like even if it’s casual. Try to make sure that you have something that’s a bit more you out there.”

What’s the biggest fashion don’t?
“Socks with sandals. That, and I feel that you need to have a nice pair of shoes. I hate when people wear something nice and then wear sneakers. And then if I was wearing, like, a black suit or something and you wear white socks with black shoes. I mean, unless you’re from the fifties, just don’t.”

Is there anything else you would like to say as a fashionisto?
“Be fabulous.”

Some girls have all the fun; Devon Elizabeth Williams happens to be one of them. A carb loving, liberal hailing from Lakeville, Massachusetts, Devon is a senior at Eckerd College in Saint Petersburg, Florida pursuing a  major in Political Science with a double minor in Journalism and International Relations. After spending January 2011 in an intensive Winter Term program at the United Nations in New York, Devon realized that taking over the world will be more difficult than anticipated, but nothing that a vivacious red head in stilettos can’t handle. In her free time Devon is a bartending beauty queen who has a soft spot for blueberry pie, Broadway and the scheming antics of Blair Waldorf. When she’s not paddle boarding at the waterfront or laying out on Eckerd’s private South Beach you can find Devon singing in the alto section of the concert choir. At the end of the day Devon is thankful for Newport, RI, her family, Sadie the black lab, Paul Mitchell, her girlfriends, Cheetah, and rhinestones.