After Break Crazy Stages

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Eckerd chapter.

After Break Crazy Stages

How do y’all feel being back at school? Some of you exhausted from your crazy adventures, some of you waiting for something exciting to happen, maybe bored to tears, and some are so excited to start school. Whichever it is it’ll all come in stages depending on how you feel as the average student.

Classes seem easy or scary depending on the course, but that’ll change the more you get through it. During syllabus week you must have experienced a bunch of different emotions. Here’s some of mine:

·        Why do I have to introduce myself to the whole class every time and answer the same questions?

·        Why is this syllabus so long?

·        Why on earth is this lasting the whole class time?

·        When do they expect me to write all these papers when I have the same amount in my other classes?

·        How come teachers always seem to have the exams on the same days as the other classes?

Although some of you are nervous, most of you are having a grand old time now since you know, it’s only going to get tougher as you go along.

So far now it’s the middle of the semester, you’ve either started getting back into the swing of things or have already been there. You’ve passed your first or two exams already, or you’ve failed them and are determining if you’re going to make it the rest of the way. Some thoughts I think of at this point:

·        I should have chosen this as my major!

·        Why did I have to buy this book if I’m not even going to use it?

·        This paper will be the death of me.

·        Wow! I could totally use spring break! Oh wait it’s in a week!

·        Where do I go for spring break? Who with?

·        Why do teachers given homework during spring break, or why is there a test right when we get back?

It’s the end of the semester and about a million things are racing through your head like the speed of light. Your contemplating so many things for what classes you need to take next semester for your major, seniors are excited for their future or still trying to figure out what on earth will they do with their major now. Some more thoughts to reflect on:

·        Why on earth did I decide that this class was a good idea?

·        The teacher wants me to remember what for the exam???

·        We learned that??

·        Looks like I’m changing my major.

·        This was the best class in the world!

·        Why didn’t anyone warn me??

·        I still need a job!

And so much more is going through your heads. Whether it is good or bad, college is supposedly the best time of your life. Classes are the number one priority but you still need to have fun. Go on an adventure! Experience things you’ve never experienced before! Make memories! Just don’t stray off your paths for achieving the future you came to college for. Get back into focus if you’re off it and figure out your new plan.