Why One Direction Would Make Amazing Boyfriends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

You’d be spoilt rotten

Ok, so Zayn Malik just bought a new house for his fiancé, Perrie Edwards’ mum…and my purse shudders to think what he buys for Perrie. The 5 -piece boy band is worth £77.52 million between them, so they can definitely afford to splash out. Forget Clintons’ Teddy Bears and Thornton’s Chocs for Valentines, you’d probably be more likely to get bought a horse for riding through the vineyards on your one-month long trip to California to pick out a new holiday home.

You’d get to make friends with loads of famous people

One Direction are known by everybody, but it seems they know everyone too. The boys are best buds not only with Simon Cowell, but even Justin Bieber (a back up plan if your 1D relationship goes tits up). Imagine the number of A-list invites you’d be getting. Your diary would be overflowing with celeb events and your phone’s contact list would definitely be filling up with people who you once only knew because of gossip in Heat magazine.

You can get really fat and it doesn’t matter (apparently)

Every girl’s dream. To dive into a jar of nutella chocolate spread, eat a whole large pizza to yourself and get through a whole tub of ice-cream without having to feel awful afterwards at the thought of never finding a man, not at the rate you’re putting on pounds anyway. 1D’s ‘Little Things’ features the lyrics ‘you still have to squeeze into your jeans’ but they love our ‘stomach’ and our ‘thighs’ and we’re ‘perfect’ despite our extra tummy tire that’s just arrived. So, if the boys stay true to the songs they sing, for once you could have both lovers – food and a hot boyfriend.

You’d probably have an MTV Music Award or some other pretentious prize dedicated to you

Imagine the feeling when your name is said on national TV…by a beautiful man who every other girl is crying over. What fame.

You’d never be in your overdraft again

Money really does make the world go round, and isn’t it every girl’s dream to fall in love with a rich man (and the contents of his wallet) and live a life of luxury forever? Well if you dated a member of 1D your money worries would finally fly out the window and what makes your boyfriend beautiful would definitely be his bank account.

And even if you broke up you’d still make money out of it

Ex 1D girlfriend dishes out the dirt on boyband member’s sex life’.  Headlines like this could earn you tons and tons of money.

You could travel the world by just hopping on their tour bus

One Direction’s 2014  ‘Where We Are’ tour really did sail the seven seas as the boys flew from country to country, continent to continent. From Uruguay, to Scotland, to Toronto, to Miami, the boys saw a lot of the world. You’d be on top of the world if you were a 1D girlfriend and around the world if you were too.

You’d never have to wonder about the inside lives of 1D again

What does Liam say to chat up girls? What does Zayn sing in the shower? Is it true that Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson are in a romantic relationship? Is Niall honestly the innocent one? You’d know it all and oh how powerful you’d feel. The torment of trying to figure out what goes on in those five beautiful heads would finally be over.

If you had a fight your apology would come in the form of a song written especially for you, followed by a live performance of it

If you’re a soppy lover, the thought of having a boy sing a song to you is something magical. Oh how we all wished we were ‘Georgia Rose’ and had a dad that was a dentist, when Best Song Ever was released. Well if you dated one of the five, this dream could come true. Your fairytale performance could happen. Forget Mcfly’s Tom’s wedding song to his wife, your song would be so much more sincere. (if only it was real)

You’d go on fab  dates

As seen from the ‘Night Changes’ music video, the boys have serious class when it comes to choosing dates. A cuddle and hot chocolate by the fire with Niall, ice-skating with Harry and a trip to the funfair with Liam, it’s almost impossible to choose which 1D member you’d want to be dating.

And last but not least, you’d be the girl everyone wants to be. Every other girl would look at you like …

And you’d be like…

Second Year English Literature student at Durham University