This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

At this point, anything to help get me through studying is very much welcomed!

1. MS MR – Hurricane

Pronounced ‘Miz Mister’ this New-York based duo released their debut album less than a year ago.

2. Crystal Fighters – Champion Sounds

Reckon most of you already know this song, but it’s so good! And it reminds me of summer!

3. Last Dinosaurs – Honolulu

Australian indie-rock band from Queensland

4. Highasakite – Since Last Wednesday

The Norwegian indie-pop group (yes, of course I had to include a Norwegian band) actually make good music – and they are good live as well

5. Tesla Boy – Spirit of the Night

They may sound like they’re from the 80s, but this Russian quartet was actually created in 2008

6. Electric Guest – This Head I Hold

L.A. based band. Perfect for a road trip (especially if you are driving down the PCH in the near future).

7. Blackbird Blackbird – Pure

More music from Cali: Synthpop band from San Francisco that started as a bedroom project.

8. Movement – Like Lust

Another bedroom project – don’t ask me why people start making music in their bedroom. This Aussie trio is soon to release their first album

9. The Staves – Mexico

Folk rock trio of sisters from Hertfordshire. Calm and relaxing music.

10. Snakadaktal – Fall Underneath

The Australian indie-pop band unfortunately broke up last week. At least their music still remains

Celina Sofie Gylthe Second year Economics student I have always loved traveling and visiting new places which led me to move from my home country Norway to the country with a big love for fancy dress and traditions. A year later I am starting to getting use to the British way of living. Besides studying at Durham University I enjoy skiing, dancing and playing lacrosse. I also have a keen interest in fashion, art, design and architecture. xx
Hey! I am a second year student at Durham University studying Sociology and Anthropology. I love writing and spending time with people and so cannot wait to start a HerCampus Chapter at Durham.