Her Campus Durham’s Favourite Tearoom – Tealicious

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

In a city full of quaint tearooms, all boasting delicious hot drinks and home-baked delights, how do you make one tearoom in particular stand out? Well, having a name like Tealicious is a great start! As well as having a catchy name, Tealicious Tearoom has an impressive menu consisting of 24 different blends of loose-leaf tea, many of which you can buy to take home with you. For coffee drinkers, cafetieres of mild, medium or strong coffee are on offer, or why not treat yourself to their very own luxury Hot Chocolate?

I can guarantee that tea isn’t Tealicious’s only strong point. If you haven’t managed to book one of the stunning Afternoon Teas 48 hours in advance, it’s still worth popping in for High Tea, or even a cup of homemade soup and a sandwich. I’d particularly recommend the beef and onion marmalade sandwich on sun-dried tomato bread! For those of you with a sweet-tooth, there is a plethora of sweet treats to choose from – you are quite literally spoilt for choice. As well as fruit scones served with clotted cream and jam, the cakes on offer are often very imaginative and always flavoursome and delicious! From gluten-free orange and pistachio cake, to chocolate brownie meringue tart, these home-baked goodies are the perfect accompaniment to a pot of hot tea.

Tealicious is probably one of the cosiest tearooms in Durham and it really makes a difference when your tea is served with proper china teacups and saucers. With a pretty, pastel décor and a friendly atmosphere, Tealicious is the perfect place to stop on Elvet Bridge in between lectures.