Durham Lumiere 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

Making up for all the complicated road closures and traffic, Lumiere wowed us all once again this year. With light displays dotted around the city and some questionable floating ‘things’ (you know the ones I mean) in Market Square, there was something for everyone to enjoy.

Perhaps the best part of the festival was the cathedral: it was lit up in all its glory, making us all proud to live in such a beautiful city. It was so heart-warming to see the cathedral lit up in red, white and blue in remembrance of those who suffered in Paris. The picture above is a great portrayal of the community coming together to both celebrate the beauty of the festival but also to stand in solidarity against such terrible cruelty. 

I am currently in my final year of studying English Literature at Durham University, England. I am hoping to become a journalist in the future, but in the mean time, I enjoy cheerleading, fashion and travelling, and of course, being the editor of Durham's Her Campus!