Billy B’s Christmas Tree

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

As per usual Billy B is not one to miss out on all the fun, so it too has added some Christmas sparkle to its get up. And quite a magnificent effort it is too. Students and fellow library goers have been invited to spread Christmas cheer by writing festive messages on gift tags to hang upon a tree in the main entrance, which is also decked in lights and baubles artistically strung by the library elves. Some of the messages are encouraging support for looming deadlines, hopes for the new year and song lyrics, whilst others feature quite inventive Christmas lists and hopeful mistletoe kisses. You never know, maybe they’re one step closer to securing their library sweetheart. Whether you’re stuck in the library in need of a deadline break or just passing through returning all your (thoroughly studied) books be sure to muse over the tree to bask in the Christmas fuzziness. As Hugh Grant and the rest of the cast remind us ‘Love actually is all around’ and this festive plant is certainly exemplifying that. Well done Durham, we’ve nearly made it.

Steph Ryan
I am currently in my final year of studying English Literature at Durham University, England. I am hoping to become a journalist in the future, but in the mean time, I enjoy cheerleading, fashion and travelling, and of course, being the editor of Durham's Her Campus!