alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
alexey lin j 0pjgxE1kc unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Beamish: the Living Museum of the North

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.

One of the best things about having finished exams is having the time and clear conscience to have fun days out! I’m originally from the North East so I’ve been to Beamish Museum quite a few times on school trips etc. None of my housemates had ever been so I decided to take them along to experience the magic! From the Victorian sweet shop to the 1930s dental clinic, from the tearooms to the mines (which you can actually go down), everything in this reconstructed historical town is 100% authentic. It’s well worth a day out in these next few weeks – you won’t be disappointed. Top tip: students get £3 off the entry price and if you present your bus ticket at the ticket office then you get a further 25% off- bargain!

I am currently in my final year of studying English Literature at Durham University, England. I am hoping to become a journalist in the future, but in the mean time, I enjoy cheerleading, fashion and travelling, and of course, being the editor of Durham's Her Campus!