This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Durham chapter.
  1. Brunch: Fuwa Fuwa Café – London 

It seems that my perpetual love for brunch will never come to an end and Fuwa Fuwa, a Japanese souffle pancake shop in London, is exacerbating this obsession. Whilst their astoundingly fluffy and velvety pancake stacks have inundated every single Instagram breakfast page in London and I was initially hesitant that Fuwa Fuwa was solely acquiring significant praise for being ‘Instagrammable’, the good reviews are undeniably justified. Fuwa Fuwa offer a vast array of toppings, ranging from salted-caramel miso and popcorn to the unanimous favourite of banana and Nutella. 

1. Museum: Belvedere Palace – Vienna, Austria 

On a brief getaway to Vienna, I headed to the Belvedere, a historical building complex consisting of two Baroque palaces, an impeccable space to appreciate the confluence of architecture and art. There are two palaces – Upper Belvedere, which showcases Gustav Klimt’s The Kiss (1908), along with late 19th to early 20th century Austrian works and the Lower Belvedere, which houses several art exhibitions but places more emphasis on classic baroque architecture. It is rather easy to spend an entire day here, engrossing yourself in the epitome of real artistic visionary with its paintings and architecture, alongside the charming gardens outside (reminiscent of the Palace of Versailles too!) 

1. Book: Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim – David Sedaris 

David Sedaris is, undoubtedly, my favourite writer – his words are full of humour, sardonic wit and perceptive social evaluations. Despite this, he still has the effortless ability to shed light on life’s quirkiest and distinctive moments ranging from a daunting encounter with his father who kicks him out of his house when opens up about his sexuality to mundane activities like searching for a new apartment. 

Her Campus Durham's Editor-In-Chief and Campus Correspondent