This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

With summer coming up, check out what other Duke students have planned for the break. Prepare to be impressed!

“I am going to India and the Andaman and Nicobar Islands to visit family, and then I’m doing DukeEngage in Colombia, working with internally displaced people through the documentary arts.”-Nikita Yogesh, ‘15

“I am going home to South Africa! That’s all that matters.”-Busi Sibeko, ‘16

“I’m going to be volunteering for most of the summer in a children’s transit home (for children abandoned or abused) in Idi-Araba, Lagos Nigeria. I’m also going to intern at a law firm.”-Adesuwa Giwa-Osagie ‘15

“I’m doing a DukeEngage independent project with 2 other students. We’ll be going to a small town in Southern China to teach English and arts to elementary school students there.”-Anny Ning ‘16

“I am interning at a law office this summer and hoping to visit friends on my time off.”-Alexis Aria ‘16

“I am doing a new DukeEngage program in Boston for 2 months this summer and will be working for the Green Light Fund.”-Elise Lang ‘16

“Beach week with my sorority, ADPi, after which I’m going home to Portland, Oregon for a month. Then I’ll be working as a TA and RA for Stanford University’s summer program for high-school students, EPGY, for the rest of the summer.” -Pi Praveen ‘16

“I’m probably just going to get a job and maybe do this service thing abroad through volunteer for peace.”-Danielle Su ‘16

“I’m going to do summer session one here and then I’m going to go home back to Colombia and play golf for the rest of the summer.” -Alejandra Cangrejo ’14