Natalie Ferguson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Name: Natalie Ferguson

Year: 2014

Major: Biology

Minors: Chemistry and Visual Arts

Hometown: Pasadena, California

1. What activities are you involved with on campus?

Student Director at the Catholic Center, Gallery Guide at Nasher Museum of Art, Honor Council, Child Life Volunteer at Duke Hospital, Zeta Tau Alpha

2. What are your favorite spots on campus?

Sarah P Duke Gardens, Nasher Museum of Art, Law School Refectory, and my bed! 

3. What’s been your favorite class at Duke so far?

Biology and Conservation of Sea Turtles! It was through the Marine Lab and we went to Puerto Rico as a class. Nothing beats spending nights on secluded tropical beaches, snorkeling in search of sea turtles, and of course, watching a leatherback nest! 

4. What’s your favorite Duke memory?

Being in tent #1 for the Duke v. UNC game! Although I have so many great memories from Duke, that night was pretty much the greatest! I was front and center. Before the game, I remember shivering in my tent at night wondering if it was all worth it, and it absolutely was! 

5. Who is your celeb crush?

Channing Tatum and Liam Hemsworth.

6. What’s your go-to Loyo order?

Original with dark chocolate shavings and strawberries.

7. Something unique about you…

I am Mexican, Italian, and incredibly proud of my backgrounds! I also am super indecisive, hence the multiple answers for some of these questions! 

8. Backstreet boys or NSync?

Not going to lie, I had a crush on Lance when I was younger (no shame), so I was partial to NSync. Now? Backstreet Boys have definitely grown on me. 

9. Cats or dogs?

DOGS. I cannot wait to have one of my very own! Toy malteses and baby huskies are the cutest things on the planet! 

10. East Coast or West Coast?

West coast. I haven’t seen a whole lot of the east coast, but I am a Cali girl through and through.