Match Your Outfit to Your Sorority, Lilly Pulitzer Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Recently, there’s been a giant influx of soror-themed products on the market, and you know you want to indulge yourself! What sorority girl doesn’t want to wear her letters with pride, day in and day out?

My favorite is by far the Lilly Pulitzer line directed toward sorority girls. Lilly– after doing a giant online campaign to pick the sororities that would receive prints — has started making purses, cell phone cases, tote bags, scarves, and make-up bags in sorority prints. All of the most convenient essentials that sorority girls need are now in sorority girl colors! It’s, convenient and allows us to represent in a cute way at all times! And most of Duke’s sororities have been given their own print—lucky us!

The Chi-Omega print features pink, yellow, and carnation colors, with an owl print. They’ve woven in some diamonds and pearls as accents to the print, too. For Kappa Kappa Gamma’s print, the company decided to use three shades of blue to display the fleur-de-lis (because “lis” means “lily” in French!) symbol of KKG. The Kappa Alpha Theta (at Duke, known simply as “Theta”) print has black kites on a gold and light blue background, since Theta’s colors are black and yellow. Delta Delta Delta’s (Tridelt’s) print is silver, gold, and cerulean blue. There are dolphins in there too, for the added cute factor. Alpha Delta Pi, with its azure blue and white colors, has lions, a coat of arms and woodland violets integrated into its print. Delta Gamma’s print is blue anchors on a pink background, with sprays of creamy pink roses dispersed throughout. The anchors are bright and attract notice, which is great because they symbolize hope. Alpha Phi has a cute print, too, featuring Bordeaux red and pink flowers (forget-me-nots and lilies of the valley) as well as ivy leaves.

Take a look at all of the Lilly Pulitzer prints—you know you’ll want to buy something when you get on the site, especially if you’re a sorority girl who loves to show it. Go online to www.lillypulitzer.com to see all of the new designs created to represent you.

Photo credit goes to www.shopacrosstexas.com

Sabrina is a Junior at Duke University, and is double majoring in English and Public Policy. A born and bred South African, Sabrina has traveled to the USA to pursue her higher education. As well as being a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, Sabrina is also Assistant Vice President for Recruitment for the Panhellenic Association at Duke. Sabrina has written for Duke's daily newspaper, The Chronicle and Duke's fashion magazine, FORM. After graduating, she hopes to attend law school preferably in her favourite city, New York. In her spare time, Sabrina vegges out to various fashion blogs, mindless TV (Pretty Little Liars anyone?) and online shopping (which borders on an addiction). If you manage to catch her in an energetic mood, she's probably on her way to cardiodance (or to the nearest mall).