This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

HC: Tell me a little bit about yourself.

I lived in Philadelphia when I was little and then moved to the suburbs. I love where I am from and enjoy going to all Philadelphia sports teams’ games, especially the Phillies. My family is the most important thing in my life. I thank God everyday for everything that I am blessed with. I am undecided for my major however I am definitely getting the MMS certificate. I want to win the National Championship this year more than anything!

HC: When and why did you start playing soccer?

My mom said the first step I took I tried to kick the soccer ball that was next to me. I started playing when I was 2 years old in an intramural league and my parents were my first coaches. I think I just fell in love with the game at a young age and never looked back. I’ve been playing ever since.

HC: What is your favorite part about being on the Duke Women’s soccer team?

My favorite part about being on the Duke Women’s Soccer Team is the relationships I have built over the past two years. Not many people have the team chemistry we have- I honestly feel like I have 28 sisters here at school. Also, the support from our family, friends, and teammates is incredible. The environment each day at practice is unbelievable- the competitiveness, hard-work and effort put in by every single player- and then seeing it pay off in games is extremely rewarding.

HC: Besides playing soccer, what else do you like to do in your free time?

I enjoy hanging out with family and friends, going into the city, spending time at the beach, going to concerts, shopping and attending sporting events. I also love animals and I love to volunteer.

HC: What is the best piece of advice that you have received from coaches, mentors, teammates, etc?

The advice from my parents is to always work hard, do the best you can, and give 100% in everything you do.
The advice from my FC Bucks Vipers Coach, Ed Liegh, is to always have fun because that is the most important thing.
My favorite quote is, “What doesn’t kill you only makes you stronger.” I’ve had a lot of injuries but I continue to look forward, grow, and realize how fortunate/blessed I am.

HC:  What is your favorite soccer related memory?

Winning the Nationals Championship with my club FC Bucks Vipers in 2009.

HC:  How do you balance schoolwork, your social life, and a busy soccer schedule?

Everything in moderation. I think each one of those is just as important as the other, but I honestly enjoy soccer more than the other two.

Sabrina is a Junior at Duke University, and is double majoring in English and Public Policy. A born and bred South African, Sabrina has traveled to the USA to pursue her higher education. As well as being a member of the Kappa Kappa Gamma sorority, Sabrina is also Assistant Vice President for Recruitment for the Panhellenic Association at Duke. Sabrina has written for Duke's daily newspaper, The Chronicle and Duke's fashion magazine, FORM. After graduating, she hopes to attend law school preferably in her favourite city, New York. In her spare time, Sabrina vegges out to various fashion blogs, mindless TV (Pretty Little Liars anyone?) and online shopping (which borders on an addiction). If you manage to catch her in an energetic mood, she's probably on her way to cardiodance (or to the nearest mall).