George Anthony Hawk Kerber III

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Name:

George Anthony Hawk Kerber III

Age/Year:I am a junior and am 20 years old.

Major:Biology

Hometown:Murphy, North Carolina

Favorite activities:Hiking, biking, snowboarding, juggling, playing guitar and piano, reading, and jumping on trampolines

Three words to describe himself:Adventurous, optimistic, goofball

What he notices first in a girl:I notice her smile and her eyes

The perfect date:We would start by hiking in the Smoky Mountains, up to a place where there is a big waterfall, rope swing, and view of the mountains.  I would pack some fruit (peaches, strawberries, pineapple) and a burrito from Chipotle for a snack to share along the way.  Next we would head in to town for some Jamaican cuisine.  Then we would drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway and stop to eat ice cream and watch the sunset on the Craggy Gardens Trail.  Finally head back in to town and find a place with live music to spend the rest of the evening dancing and carrying on.

His celebrity crush:Claire Danes (specifically her role in Stardust)

Betty Liu is a senior at Duke University where she is majoring in Biomedical Engineering.  Although her main interests lie in bioengineering, she loves keeping up with the latest trends on Duke's campus. Also, she enjoys learning about new music, reading and travelling around the world. One of her life dreams is to go to all seven continents! So far, she has been to four.