Copper Boom! Gilmore Girls is Coming Back!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Last year at this time, I wrote an article about why everyone should start watching Gilmore Girls. I was so excited that Netflix was adding the show to its online streaming lineup. Since then I’ve rewatched the entire series and I’ve rewatched seasons 1-3 twice (they are the show’s best seasons in my opinion). When I found out that Netflix was reviving Gilmore Girls, I actually started to cry. I know that it may seem like I overreacted, but this show was a huge part of my childhood. Rory and Lorelai got me through some rough times in high school. So far we know that there will be four 90-minute long episodes. Lorelai, Rory, Emily, and Luke are all confirmed to join the project. Here are my top reasons why I’m so pumped for this revival.

1. More mother/daughter relationship goals.

Rory and Lorelai’s relationship is the epitome of the relationship I plan on having with my daughter. Their witty banter, matching eye color, and the way they finish each other’s sentences is part of what makes the show so great.

2. Catch up with the quirky characters of Stars Hollow.

A huge part of the charm of Gilmore Girls was Stars Hollow and its crazy residents. What is Kirk up to? What about Miss Patty? I can’t wait to find out how Sookie and Jackson are doing.

3. See where Rory’s career took her.

We all know Rory was going on to do amazing things. When we last saw her she was headed off on Barack Obama’s campaign. Did she work with him in the White House? Is she on TV? Will she be the next Christiane Amanpour?

4. Eat vicariously through Rory and Lorelai.

Oh, the food that those two ate. I wish I had their metabolisms. Someday I hope to replicate their Willy Wonka movie night complete with ten kinds of candy and lots of pizza.

5. See where the supporting characters ended up.

Did Paris and Doyle get married? What happened to Marty? What did Madeline and Louise end up doing? I hope some of these questions will be answered.

6. Check up on Rory and Lorelai’s relationships.

On the top of my list is finding out what happened with Lorelai and Luke. I imagine that they got married and maybe had a kid. Will Rory get back together with one of her former boyfriends (if she is, I hope it’s Jess)? Will there be a new guy? Or, will she be single and loving it?

7. Get to hear “Where You Lead” a few more times.

This song gives me the warm and fuzzies inside. I would come home from school and watch Gilmore Girls in my family room everyday after I finished my homework. It makes me think of home, family, and how lucky I am to live in a world where the Gilmore Girls exist.