This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Duke chapter.

Hometown: Southampton, New York

Year: 2015

Major: International Comparative Studies major with an Arts of the Moving Image certificate and an Information Science and Information Studies certificate

What is your favorite place to eat in Durham: Pizzeria Toro, The pizza with lemon slices on it is (surprisingly) so delicious!! And I love the community table feel inside.

What has been the best class you’ve ever taken at Duke: Introduction to AMI with David Gatten. Your first assignment is to get lost without a phone or a watch and write about it once you realize you’re lost. He told us to leave in the morning, and one student didn’t find himself for 16 hours (Duke Forest)!

How would you describe your personal style?: Black is the new black, it’s timeless and there’s no darker color.

What is one piece of advice you’d give incoming freshmen or new students?: Explore Durham. Everything is within walking distance and it’s one of America’s top ten “foodiest” cities for a reason. Start with the Farmers Market on Saturday mornings and explore on your walk back to East.

What is your must-have item to help you through finals week: Mate is the best study tea! It’s a type of green tea from Argentina that wakes you up so much and doesn’t have the jittery effect of caffeine. It’ll get you through the late nights!!

What is your #1 own personal graduation requirement?: Learn Portuguese

What is something people would be surprised to know about you?: I went backpacking through South America for four months between high school and college.

What are you most involved with on campus?: The Kenan Institute, going to Nepal with DukeImmerse was my favorite semester at Duke.

Do you have a favorite secret study spot?: The Duke Law School Library

What has been your favorite trip while abroad?: “Paris was always worth it” – Hemingway

Where is your dream place to live?: Mendoza, Argentina

Duke 2015 - Central Jersey - Economics (Finance Concentration) & English double major