This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

As every Pio adjusts to a new winter quarter schedule and life back at DU, no one is having a more interesting time adjusting than the sophomores, juniors, and seniors who went abroad Fall Quarter. 71% of University of Denver students will study abroad during their time at the university. It is a huge selling point for the school and for some majors it is even a graduation requirement. DU sends students all across the world: from Oceania, to Europe, to Africa, to Asia, and even to semesters at sea. Those who come back from abroad come back changed: more cultured, more independent, and more confident in their own ability to adapt to new challenges. There are those who had the time of their lives studying in a new culture and those who experienced the hardships of living and working abroad. Most students would probably fall somewhere in between. This first week back, our theme is “The Study Abroad Experience”, and we are delighted to feature HerCampus Contributors and Guest Contributors who just returned back and were willing to share their experiences. As varied as the countries they studied in and experiences they had, they all come to the same conclusion: it is a time in their lives that they will never forget.

We look forward to sharing these stories with you throughout the next week. For those of you still deciding which country and program to apply to, we hope this helps! Remember, Fall Study Abroad applications are due on January 18th! 

Welcome back!

Claire Caviglia

Campus Correspondent 

Photo Source: https://www.du.edu/abroad/getting_started/index.html

Claire graduated with a business degree in hospitality management from the University of Denver in 2019. She was a Her Campus DU Contributor from 2015-2017 and led as Co-Campus Correspondent from 2017-2019. Her favorite hobbies include drinking coffee, writing, tweeting, and attempting to learn Mandarin.