This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

If you are like me, then you love to read especially physical books. However, I have noticed over the past couple of years the pricing of books has risen to the point where I can get half of the books I previously could for the same price. In a situation like this, it is easy to turn to Amazon where books are cheaper and I did take this route for a while. However, over the summer I made the discovery of the bargain books and used sections of The Tattered Cover.

The Tattered Cover is an independent bookstore started in Denver. In addition to their book signings and cozy stores what I fell in love with was their options to buy books for less. There is the bargain books section which has books basically on “sale” for what I view to be a much for a reasonable price. In addition to this, they have a used section where you can get a book for as little as $3. Now I have found a way to get books for cheap while also supporting an independent book store.

There are locations all over Denver and if you have not visited one yet you are missing out. The environment is cozy and inviting and some of the locations even have coffee shops so you can get your coffee or tea and cozy up with a good book. If you are an avid reader you can never have enough bookmarks and luckily with your purchase they give you your very own Tattered Cover bookmark.

https://www.tatteredcover.com/aboutus/locations-hours

I'm Alexandra and I love to read, hike, and play with my puppy. I am so excited to be a part of Her Campus DU!