Puerto Rico Damaged By Hurricane Maria

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Recently, climate change has really hit us hard, literally, like it’s physically hitting us. From hurricanes to flooding to hurricane to record breaking heat, the climate is really showing us how much we’ve been impacting it to change, and change rapidly. Right after hurricane Irma swept through the Atlantic, hurricane Maria came to play, or rather destroy. Specifically, Puerto Rico was destroyed to the point of no communication. Here is an article about people who still have loved ones in Puerto Rico that they cannot contact as well as a video displaying the amount of destruction we’ve been able to obtain visuals on. Our hearts here at Her Campus DU go out to all affected by Maria, especially those who still cannot contact there loved ones. 

For Puerto Rico, there are now more sources of contact to be able to get an understanding of the condition of the place and people still in Puerto Rico. 

Call the island’s local radio station 787-777-0940

Listen to online broadcasting of WKAQ online here

Other hotline numbers that we have not verified: 202-778-0710 | 877-976-2400

Currently a graduate from the University of Denver with a BS in Psychology (concentration: cognitive neuroscience) and BA in Spanish. With a passion for learning, she enjoys understanding more the world, others, and herself. She absolutely loves her orange hair, being a woman, traveling, languages, and exploring new ideas and cultures. Also, she's in the #girlgang for life.