This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Dear Freshman Year,

Walking through campus during Week 10, I couldn’t help but feel a little sentimental about you coming to an end.  I have never been more exhausted, more worn down or more emotionally unstable in my life, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world.  You brought me many trials and triumphs, embarrassing moments, nights I don’t remember and nights I wish I could forget.  

I would be lying if I said I didn’t make a lot of mistakes, because I did.  I skipped class for nice weather, I failed tests, I may have killed my own liver one too many times.  But I don’t have any regrets – not even a single letter.  Not because I was able to make the “it’s fine, I’m a freshmen” excuse, but because those mistakes have made me into a more mature human being (at least I hope so).

So thank you freshman year.  Thank you for teaching me some very important life lessons.  You showed me that the Freshman 15 is very real.  You taught me that procrastination is like a Taylor Swift song: you say you will never ever ever do it again, but that lasted for like, a day.  You demonstrated that I will never be a biology major, or a political science major, or a gender studies major.

You showed me that boys can be idiots – actually, let’s make that are. You gave me heartbreak, an unhealthy addiction to Netflix, and a goal to never again schedule a class at 8 am (or 9 am for that matter).  You gave me important knowledge on how to properly execute a keg stand and you continuously drained my bank account.  You also expanded my vocabulary to include words not actually in the dictionary. And most important of all, you brought so many intellectual, beautiful and driven people into my world.  

To be honest freshman year, you are the real bae. Although I am excited for sophomore year to come into my life, you will be missed. But you will always be remembered through my camera roll.

XXOO. 

Riley Witting is a freshmen at DU. Her hobbies include Beyoncé, Venti Passion Fruit Iced Teas (unsweetened) from Starbucks, Snapchat and dancing by herself. She enjoys posting photos of animals in sweaters on her twitter (@rileywitting) and is also borderline obsessed with her instagram (@rileywitting).