CPL Sections EXTRAS?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
CPL Sections EXTRAS?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Her Campus Media Design Team
Wellness

How to Romanticize Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

My five tips on Navigating the single life

Like many women in their twenties, I am single. I have pretty much been single my whole life except for a few small relationships through high school. I have recently been wanting to romanticize my single life to prioritize loving myself and knowing that I don’t need a partner to feel complete. I personally love being single at the moment and romanticizing everything about it. I love that I can be my own person with no responsibilities or attachment to someone else! Huge hugs to all my single ladies out there. Here are my top five tips to romanticize your life! <3

1. Take yourself out on dates 

I personally love going to the movies by myself and treating myself to a solo date. I think that it can be such an empowering activity, as I’m not relying on anyone else to have fun with me. I also enjoy going out on car dinner dates by myself- I love treating myself to dinner and then driving to a park to have a mini car picnic. 

2. Plan alone self-care time 

I love planning spa evenings where I do face masks or paint my nails and watch a cute romcom! I really appreciate having this self-care time to gain some confidence back in myself. 

3. Take cute pictures 

I know that this sounds basic, but taking pictures of yourself and your surroundings helps you romanticize your life a bit more. I love taking pictures of my little activities to remind myself that all I need is myself. 

4. Study dates in coffee shops 

I absolutely love studying and going to coffee shops to both study and people watch. I love to go by myself and extend my personal boundaries! Studying by myself allows me to focus and also get away from my life at university. This is a great way to put yourself out there to possibly meet someone new as well!

5. Movie Nights In 

This is my personal favorite tip! I enjoy popping popcorn, or getting another movie snack and then putting on my favorite feel-good movie. I love setting up a movie night in my room with my fairy lights shining. This way I can snuggle in my favorite blanket and have a fun evening by myself.

Hi! I’m currently a sophomore at University of Denver majoring in Criminology and Gender & Women's Studies. I’m really excited to be continuing with Her Campus and explore many different topics! I love writing about mental health, self care, and how to love yourself!