The Eligible Bachelors of Date-a-Beta

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

Nothing to make a girl feel more single than Valentine’s Day looming over our heads, am I right? Gone are the days of excitement for V-Day with crafted boxes, tiny notes that you are required to give the whole class, heart-shaped cookie decorating contests, and anything pink. Take me back!

Now, in college, we have to deal with something I have dubbed “The Valentine’s Day Curse”. You come back from the longest winter break and are so DTMS (down to meet someone). Two weekends of back-to-school parties and Border nights later, you have found your winter hookup. Score! Everything is going great until week 6, where your awesome new winter man has realized V-Day is around the corner, probably thinks you are some psycho girl who has high expectations (because according to guys, we all are/do) and breaks things off. It sounds crazy, right? But I can guarantee, if you think it over, it has happened to you or at the very least your best friend.

Lol sorry for the cynic, I really hope things work out for you and bae. But, if your winter hookup doesn’t realize that February 14 is just another day of the year, I have great news. The men of Beta Fraternity are bringing back Date-a-Beta on February 19, just in time to recover from the Valentine’s Day curse. So, here I bring you the eligible bachelors featured at this year’s Date-a-Beta, just in case you need a little pick me up of the quirky, cute guys still up for grabs.

First we have Zach Boyle, a Poli-Sci freshman at DU. His hobbies include “golf and general tomfoolery of all kinds.” Zach’s ideal day is being outside in the sun with pals. His biggest turn on is quick wit and has been known to lose it to Outkast on the dancefloor. When asked his celebrity look-a-like, Zach responded “on a bad day, Michael Cera. Good day, Andy Samberg.” If Zach sounds like your ideal man, he is single ladies. Feel free to buy him his favorite pregame drink of choice, Four Lokos, which he likes for “pure function”.

Evan Cowley is a junior at DU. His major is Economics. Evan’s catch-phrase is “create your own happiness”. As a member of the DU hockey team, his greatest fear is being scored on. However, outside of hockey, Evan enjoys both Drums, Guitar and the rom com “Crazy Stupid Love”. Evan is currently in a relationship, but is happy to support the Gabby Krause Foundation.

Jake Stadelman is a sophomore at DU, majoring in Business Information & Analytics. Must be a smart cookie. His hobbies include skiing, scuba diving, golfing, talking, eating and napping. When asked about his stance on Sodexo, Jake replied, “I like Chipotle.” His biggest fear is bugs, as he severely dislikes them. Jake’s biggest turn on is self-assurance and his pregame drink of choice is Southern Comfort.

Grayeson Parnell likes skiing and mountain biking. His catch-phrase would be “Coming in Hot.” His biggest turn on is girls who like hockey and his biggest turn off is liberals..Hmm. When asked his biggest fear, Grayeson replied “that the purge actually happens.” If given a superpower, Grayeson would want it to be Hulk-like strength.

Brendan Ingram is a junior, Economics major at DU. When asked his relationship status, he replied, “My mom told me to wait for the right girl.” Sounds like a keeper. Brendan’s friends call him “Bingram,” a clever combination of his first and last name. Brendan loses it to “Timber” by Ke$ha on the dancefloor. Finally, Brendan’s biggest fear is Clay Aiken.

Angel Sanchez is in his second year at DU. He is majoring in Finance and minoring in real estate. Angel is single and his favorite rom com is “No Strings Attached”. Unclear if that’s a bad sign. Angel’s nickname is “Ayyyngg” or Angelo. When asked to describe his ideal day, Angel replied, “Wake up to a warm cup of dark coffee followed by adventures in the sunshine out in the city with friends who are just as spontaneous as I am. To top it all off, it wouldn’t hurt to check Canvas and see straight A’s for all of my classes.” Ain’t that the truth?

Arie Feltman-Frank is a freshman, environmental science major. His nickname is “Arie Safari”. When asked his pregame drink of choice, Arie responded, “tequila, tequila, tequila (but not too much)”. Arie loses it on the dancefloor to Unwritten to Natasha Bedingfield. What a classic. His biggest fear is getting stranded in the ocean. Arie claims his celebrity look-a-like is Brad Pitt. Ladies, he is single.

Logan Williams is in his third year at DU, currently studying finance. He is “single as a pringle.” So, not only available, but also funny! His nickname is “Logie Bear”. Logan’s biggest fear is being hungry. He can be found climbing, hiking, biking, lifting, or eating. Sounds like an adventurous guy!

That concludes the men being auctioned at Date-A-Beta. There are a few more, however that chose not to respond. Maybe they are just trying to create suspense before the big event next Friday, February 19! Be there to meet and bid on these eligible bachelors for a great cause, with proceeds going to the Gabby Krause Foundation.

Amanda Christensen is a current student at DU, studying marketing. She enjoys telling lame jokes, watching snapchat stories, and advocating for the taco emoji. She also likes that weird black licorice your grandma probably eats.