In Your Going Out Bag

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

One of the biggest questions before you go out for a night of fun is whether or not you should bring a bag. At the beginning of the year, I would bring my small black Marc Jacobs purse with me to every single party and it’s been through a lot! Sometimes it ended up saving me (and my friends as well) during the nights where we thought we wouldn’t need a bag at all. For a fabulous and safe time, here’s what to tote along with you when you go out!

Beauty

Your lips will thank you for bringing ChapStick! The feeling of dry, chapped lips on a regular day is horrible, but you never know who you might kiss at the end of a party! Also, depending on the amount of cups that your lips touch, you’ll want to reapply occasionally.

After a sweaty night of dancing, your makeup will go from a ten to a one so quickly. One of the first things that fades for me is my eyeliner. I always keep an extra pencil in my bag to touch up in between songs and to keep me looking great for Snapchats.

Health

I wish I would’ve thought of this earlier in the year, but toilet paper is a must have! Before you leave, take a bit from your own bathroom, fold it neatly and place it in your bag. When you’re at a frat or house party, sometimes you have to drip dry when using the bathroom which can be a bit unhygienic. Save yourself the trouble and pack this little luxury before you leave!

Keeping a pack of gum or even a few sticks in your purse will give you fresh breath after you consume your drinks for the night. We all know the aftertaste of beer is not that great and you’ll need something sweet to chew on to get rid of it.

Miscellaneous

These items are the most important when going anywhere, so don’t forget them! You need your keys to enter your home, your wallet to hold your ID, cards and cash for any cabs or food stops along the way, and your phone (preferably fully charged) to keep in contact with your friends throughout the night. If you’re prone to losing your possessions, these iPhone wallet cases will hold everything for you in one place so you can safely dance the night away.

It’s easy to leave the house without bringing anything, but once you’re in need of lip balm or a stick of gum, that’s when your going out bag will come in handy! Pack all of these essentials and you’ll be good to go! You can focus on having a great night with your best friends knowing that all you’ll need is in your bag! 

Rachel is a senior at Drexel University majoring in Design & Merchandising. She dreams of traveling the world and loves to learn about new cultures and languages. She also aspires to be the editor-in-chief of her own fashion magazine one day. You can find her binge watching Vanderpump Rules, eating way too much mac & cheese, dancing to her favorite songs and exploring when she goes city-hopping!
Her Campus Drexel contributor.