What to Wear to Spring Jam (Hint: Rain Gear)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Halt. One look at the weather report and I’ve got your real Spring Jam outfit suggestion: ponchos & rain boots. Ok, yeah, that pretty much sums up what you should wear to Spring Jam on Saturday. Thanks for reading!

Only half joking…with 60% chance of precipitation from 8-10PM and based on what happened last year, I’d say we’ve got a definite possibility of a soggy concert.

Regarding the best “soggy concert footwear,” rain boots are your best bet. Now I know Wellies aren’t the best shoes (or the cutest for that matter) for dancing around at an EDM concert, but it’ll keep your feet dry and safe! As you all know, we at HC Drexel value safety over fashion any day (and your feet WILL be stepped on). If you’re still holding out for sunny weather, slide a pair of flats into your bag so you can switch into them if needed. Unfortunately, all handbags must be no larger than 6 inches by 3 inches. Maybe tuck them into your back pocket?

Moving on from the most *practical* footwear advice ever, let’s discuss clothing. Like the other essential I mentioned, a poncho is definitely needed. With all those cute designs out there it can be hard to pick just one, so I say go with the most random one you can find to be uber festive. Like I’ve picked out above, a tiger poncho will help you stand out in the crowd and can be used as a conversation piece to talk to the somewhat cute guy that just knocked you into a puddle!

What you choose to wear under the poncho is completely up to you. Chances are it won’t make an appearance so don’t waste your cute shirt on this event. Toss on a pair of old shorts that won’t cause too many problems when wet (e.g. no white shorts) and a shirt that is comfortable. If you want to err on the side of caution, you can wear a shirt that could fit in at a festival in case your poncho ever does come off. So even though it seems like the poncho won’t be coming off, please wear something suitable incase it does. Just because I didn’t add a shirt to my images doesn’t mean you don’t have to wear one. ;)

Lindsey is a senior at Drexel University, majoring in operations management & bus. analytics. She has been with Her Campus Drexel for four years and was CC for the middle two. Along with living the city life, she takes an active interest in street style, putting together puzzles and binge-watching her current Netflix obsession. She actually calls Montana her true home so now you can say you know that someone actually lives there ;). When she's in Philly, you can find her in Center City scouring the racks of thrift stores, Old Navy, and H&M if she's not on campus enjoying the multiple food trucks or catching up on the readings she put off until the last day.
Aubrey Nagle is an English major at Drexel University. She is currently a Features intern at Marie Claire and has previously interned Seventeen and Philadelphia magazine. She loves everything about pop culture and someday hopes to be a culture critic or an Entertainment Director for a women's magazine or national newspaper.To view her clips visit aubreynagle.contently.com and follow her on Twitter @aubsn.