What a Marketing Major Actually Wears in a Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Business majors have earned ourselves a reputation for having sharp wit, being smooth talkers, and generally looking like we’ve got ourselves together. If there’s one thing I learned by documenting a week’s worth of my outfits, it’s that I certainly dress the part. Here’s what I wore in a week!

Day 1:

RIP to the crazy weather  we had a couple of weeks ago. I donned my favorite spring outfit (above) for a trip to Washington, D.C., before we slipped into a springtime polar vortex.

Day 2:

It was a cold, gloomy Monday when I had class and I honestly didn’t feel like putting together a real outfit. Styling my comfiest jeans and T-shirt combo with an army jacket, booties, and a trench coat kept me warm and made for a timeless outfit. After swiping on my favorite rollerball perfume and tossing my notebooks and iPad into my work tote, I was all set for class. 

Day 3:

Today I had one class, my internship, and a community service event I was staffing after work. I pulled together another classic look, though this one was obviously more professional to accommodate the day’s schedule. Since I was putting forth a bit of extra effort, I also wore my favorite tinted moisturizer and longwear lipstick from Chanel before tackling the day ahead of me. 

Day 4: 

Another gloomy day, another trench coat, am I right? I classed up my jeans and sweater look with my favorite pair of loafers before heading out to my own birthday dinner with my best friend. Not only was I comfortable (Are you noticing how I prioritize comfort when picking my outfits?), but I also know I looked hella cute while fumbling with chopsticks and a delicious bowl of seared duck ramen. Yum.  

For my fifth and final day of this weeklong challenge, I styled myself for another day at the office of my internship. What really made this outfit pop was the long waistcoat I picked up from a local boutique that I frequent. Combined with the leather booties and the printed Vera Bradley work tote that goes with anything, I felt prepared to slay at work.

As for documenting everything I wore during the workweek, I highly recommend it! It definitely gave me insight into how I actually structure my outfits and how I define my style. For me that means comfortable, classic outfits that are appropriate for wherever the day might take me. Tweet us a photo of your go-to outfit for class or work at @HerCampusDrexel! 

Jenna Adrian is a student at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA. She studies Design & Merchandising. She's currently paving the way to create a career that will unite her passion for both style and government policy reform. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, running, and learning the in's and out's of city culture. You can find her at a coffee shop, a networking event, or brainstorming for her latest article. Check out her thoughts on coffee, fashion, and life in the city on her personal blog, & some like it haute. 
Her Campus Drexel contributor.