This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Leaves falling, oversized sweatshirts, hayrides, and pumpkin picking. Now that we’re in the heart of Fall, I’m sure we’re all feeling the charming Autumn vibes. What would a beautiful season be without the perfect playlist to match the tone? 

Here are my top 8 favorite songs to listen to this Fall, and make sure to read all the way to the end for a link to an almost 4 hour playlist with these picks and more!

“Harvest Moon” By Neil Young

This song is the epitome of Fall. With its chill tone and soothing introduction, Neil Young sings about his love for his wife, Pegi Young. It has a nostalgic feeling and visual imagery of people dancing under a beautiful harvest moon.

When I listen to this song, I can’t help but imagine myself dancing in a beautiful field full of fallen leaves, breathing in the crisp Autumn air.

“Drunk on Halloween” By The Wallows

What’s a Fall playlist without some songs about Halloween? Well, this song isn’t exactly about the spooky aspect of Halloween, but it’s close enough. 

With a more upbeat tone compared to “Harvest Moon,” “Drunk on Halloween” is reminiscent of a past Halloween where the narrator’s significant other cheated on them (oh no!). Despite its sad message, the song has a catchy chorus with an ascending sequence that will surely get you into the Fall mood.

“Motion Sickness” By Phoebe Bridgers

Not only does this song have a whimsical tone to it, but the cover of the album is a cute ghost! Looks like Phoebe thought of the sheet ghost photoshoot before TikTok made it cool. Phoebe’s voice in this song has a ghost-like sound to it, leaving the listeners with the feeling of unrest due to the “emotional motion sickness” she explains in the lyrics.

“Autumn Leaves” By Ed Sheeran

This song doesn’t need a long explanation. Many of Ed Sheeran’s songs match the vibe for a Fall playlist, but I had to choose this one to include because of its name. This song has a delightful, calming sound which leaves the listener feeling refreshed and ready to lay under a tree with falling Autumn leaves.

“Boardwalks” By Little May

Just listen to the first 30 seconds of this song, and you’ll be transcended into an alternate world full of maroon, orange, yellow, and brown swirls. The quaint but catchy guitar riff will capture your attention and give you that boost of serotonin you’ve been longing for since school started.

“Things That Make it Warm” By Cavetown

This song perfectly describes how wonderful nature can be when you explore and appreciate it with that special person in your life. Cavetown does a great job with the captivating sequence of notes that repeats twice in the chorus. After you listen to this song, you’ll be whistling it during your whole car ride to work, I guarantee it.

“Invisible String” By Taylor Swift

Now don’t get me wrong, this isn’t the only Taylor Swift song that you’ll find on Fall playlists. Honestly, everything from “Folklore” is perfect for Fall. The whole album deserves an article dedicated solely to itself.

However, “Invisible String” has it all: the nostalgia, the lovely chorus, the imagery, and the alluring vocals. Not to mention the encapsulating album cover that is very Fall-esque with lots of trees.

“To Be So Lonely” By Harry Styles

This song has a genius use of different instruments in all different parts of the song. The introduction begins with a ukulele, then the guitar and drums kick in, and towards the end there’s a violin! The instruments that work in complementing Harry’s soothing voice creates a masterpiece perfect for your Fall Playlist.

While these are only 8 song suggestions, I have compiled a playlist with many songs of similar essence and placed them in a nearly 4 hour playlist; I already did the time-consuming part. Feel free to give it a like and use it for yourself or use it as inspiration for your own playlist! Happy listening!

Maggie is a nursing student at Drexel University. From West Chester, Pennsylvania, Maggie enjoys dancing, singing, acting, and playing with her cat. She spends most of her time teaching kids dance at her previous dance studio and sipping on some Dunkin coffee.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.