Olivia Anton, Student Director of the Drexel Fashion Show

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Olivia Anton, a senior Design & Merchandising major, is the 2016 student director of the Drexel Fashion Show. It has been her dream to be the student director of the annual fashion show since she arrived at Drexel four years ago. After enrolling in the Fashion Show Production I course during winter term, Olivia had the opportunity to apply for the highest leadership role and received the position. Having been the student director of her high school’s fashion show for three years in a row, she was confident she’d be able to succeed in the position at Drexel.

For those who aren’t familiar with the Drexel Fashion Show, it functions as a showcase for Drexel’s fashion design students – especially the seniors that are presenting their individual collections. While the fashion designers provide the garments, accessories, and other props, the design & merchandising students in Fashion Show Production I and II do the behind-the-scenes work to produce the show, with the aid of their respective departments. “Everyone should mark their calendars for June 4th and come to the show! It’s going to be an amazing event with exquisite clothing!” Olivia said about the event.

With the fashion show being such a large and important occasion, Olivia has many responsibilities. She oversees everything from model selections, garment judging, fittings, and making sure deadlines are met for the print materials (such as invitations and programs). All this makes Olivia a very busy woman. “I’m juggling a bunch of different tasks and emailing many students and faculty,” she said about the challenges that come with being student director. She remains positive, though. “Being the student director is very exciting because I get to work with my diligent and passionate classmates and my amazing teacher, Catherine Byers…” she said. Olivia sees this as a chance to leave a legacy at Drexel, and is working to make everyone proud by putting on an unforgettable event.

Outside of the classroom, Olivia loves to travel and is a big fan of working out and being active. She is also a member of Drexel’s Alpha Sigma Alpha Sorority and enjoys spending time with her family, friends, and boyfriend.

After the show on June 4th, and graduation shortly after, Olivia plans on moving to New York to start her career. She hopes to find a position at the public relations company where she did her co-op, or with the company she interns at now. “I’m very excited to move to New York City and take the city by storm!” she said. For now, though, Olivia is making her way to the collegiate finish line with impressive diligence, passion, and dedication to her school, her classmates, and the 2016 Drexel Fashion Show.

Her Campus Drexel contributor.