This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Name: Jenna Adrian

Age: 19

Major: Marketing

Class: Sophomore (Class of 2019)

Relationship Status: In a relationship

What are three words you would use to describe yourself?

Passionate, driven, and empathetic!

What’s your favorite feature about yourself?

That would probably be my eyes.

What advice would you give to young girls?

Learn. Ask questions. Seek out as much knowledge as you can about things you love and about things you don’t like so much. If you’re unhappy, learn from the experience and then go on to change it. Never settle for the status quo. And if you want to be something or change something in this world, don’t you dare take no for an answer. If there are no opportunities for those things, then create them. Through it all, believe in yourself and your potential and you will be unstoppable.

How do you define “beautiful”?

First of all, I separate beauty from what is aesthetically pleasing. The most beautiful people I’ve met have this incredible light in their eyes when they talk about what they love. It can be about anything from music to software design to other people in their lives. Whatever the subject is, it lights up their eyes, their face, and their whole demeanor. It’s even more than passion that they exude. Whatever it is, it’s contagious. Beauty is embodied by that joie de vivre and beautiful people end up helping others find theirs.

Who was the best female role model for you when growing up and why?

In real life, it was (and still is) my mom. She stopped at nothing to give my brother and me every opportunity to grow and play and really make the most of our childhood while it lasted. In fiction, it was Hermione from Harry Potter. I thought it was so cool that there was another girl who read several books a week for fun and really loved learning. She never let it get to her that those things weren’t always “cool”.

What’s the best thing about being a woman in your opinion?

The way I can express myself through my appearance. I can wear a deep purple lipstick or cut off all my hair or dress to the nines for no reason other than because I want to! If I start feeling too stagnant, I do any one of those things and it helps me to evaluate things I can change up in other areas of my life.

What’s one challenge you’ve faced as a woman? How did you combat it?

To be honest, it’s my fear of being attacked when I’m alone. I’m a runner and with my schedule I have to run at night (almost always alone). It started with being catcalled and approached, and I’m never sure if one run will be the night I’m literally running for my life. I’m combatting it by learning self-defense and not allowing my fear to overshadow my love of running.

What’s one stereotype about females that you want to counteract?

I cannot stand the stereotype that women are overly emotional or hormonal. You can even see it in the media; when a woman is upset on TV she usually drowns her sorrows in some ice cream! While I love Ben & Jerry’s as much as the next gal, I (as well as other women in my life) have handled some really turbulent life events with the utmost clarity and precise action. This wasn’t stuff like picking out a dress for formal. These things changed our lives in ways we can’t take back.

What are your #goals for the future?

In the next several years I hope to make a name for myself as a writer and editor for a women’s magazine.

Why do you #LoveYourself?

I love myself because I know who I am. I’m not the kind of woman to sit down and stay quiet. I’m confident enough to say I don’t have it all together, and in many ways my relationship with myself is a work in progress. I’m intelligent and adventurous and I know what I want from life. Also, I’m a great cook. Good food is the way to my heart!

Jenna Adrian is a student at Drexel University in Philadelphia, PA. She studies Design & Merchandising. She's currently paving the way to create a career that will unite her passion for both style and government policy reform. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, running, and learning the in's and out's of city culture. You can find her at a coffee shop, a networking event, or brainstorming for her latest article. Check out her thoughts on coffee, fashion, and life in the city on her personal blog, & some like it haute. 
Her Campus Drexel contributor.