This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

One of the most exciting parts about being in Greek life is having the opportunity to attend socials, date parties, and formals. For socials, fraternities and sororities join together to have themed celebrations where dates aren’t necessary – it’s all about having fun and getting to know other people. However, for date parties and formals, most girls bring a date. Although dates aren’t mandatory, if you’re looking to find one it can sometimes be stressful, especially if you don’t have a go-to person to ask. Here are some tips on how to find that special someone to accompany you for your big event!

1. Ask your big, grandbig, or any sisters

No matter what, your sisters have your back and will help you with anything, including finding a date! There’s a great chance that at least a few of them know some cute, single guys that would love to be your date to formal. Having your sisters ask around for you eliminates the awkwardness of asking anyone yourself. Plus, these girls have listened to you vent about the guys that you’ve been with throughout your time in college and will most likely know your type.

2. Try meeting on Tinder

This sounds like a crazy idea but if you’re open to finding a date in a non-traditional way, then Tinder may be the best place for you. This dating app allows you to narrow your search based on the users’ profiles, distance, and age. It also makes it easier to talk to someone because the first interaction is not face-to-face. Make sure that your distance is set to about 5 miles from your school so that if you find a date who is serious about going, they actually have a means of getting to the destination. It is also a good idea to meet with your potential date in person (and in public, of course) to make sure you’re not taking someone totally different than you expected!

3. Be confident and just ask!

If there’s an attractive guy in your English class or a frat brother that you once met at a party but have never really talked to before, I highly encourage you to ask them to be your date anyway! Guys love a confident girl who knows what she wants and goes out to get it and they will be honored to dance the night away with you. The worst thing that could happen is that they say no and if so, then on to the next!

4. Take your best girl friend

Guys come and go, but your female friends will always stick by your side. Pick one of your fun and trustworthy girls to go to date party or formal with. You’ll create some hilarious memories and chances are you won’t be nervous all night around your friend. Girls night out, anyone?

The most important thing about your event is that you have fun no matter who you are with. Never let the lack of a date stop you from having the best night of your life! 

Rachel is a senior at Drexel University majoring in Design & Merchandising. She dreams of traveling the world and loves to learn about new cultures and languages. She also aspires to be the editor-in-chief of her own fashion magazine one day. You can find her binge watching Vanderpump Rules, eating way too much mac & cheese, dancing to her favorite songs and exploring when she goes city-hopping!
Her Campus Drexel contributor.