HCDU External Writer’s Competition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Calling all fans of Her Campus here at Drexel University! Do you love reading our articles? Do you ever wonder what it would be like to write for us? We want to hear from our readers, so we are having our very first External Writer’s Competition! You get to write your very own article for the chance to be featured on our website. Sound like something you’d be interested in? We thought so. Here are some rules, regulations, and requests before you start!

1. Your article should be at least 350 words, but no more than 750 words.

2. Have you heard about our #LoveYourself campaign?

In case you haven’t, here’s what you need to know: for the month of February we are dedicating our publishing content to inspire and empower women everywhere to love the skin they’re in. So, your article should be about empowering females and encouraging self-confidence! Do a spotlight on an awesome female, give us some makeup tips, or write about any other ideas you can come up with! The possibilities are endless!

3. Your article will be reviewed by a panel of judges, who will give individual scores for the following categories: grammar, style, tone, relevance, and originality.

Then, the scores will be added up and the person with the highest total score will have their article published on our site!

There’s no time to waste, Dragons! All submissions should be sent to rea58@drexel.edu by February 5th, 2016.

If you have any questions concerning the competition, feel free to contact Renee at rea58@drexel.edu

Renee is a transfer student, and first year Junior at Drexel University. She is majoring in Anthropology and minoring in Sociology. She started writing for Her Campus Drexel in the fall of 2015, and is now working as the President and Co-Campus correspondent for the Her Campus at Drexel University chapter. You can find her eating, studying, eating, shopping downtown, or eating more.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.