Campus Cutie: Vaughn Shirey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Vaughn Michael Shirey

Age: 20

Major: Environmental Science with a Concentration in Biodiversity and Evolution, and a minor in Bioinformatics.

Class: Sophomore

What are your hobbies?

Camping, hiking, gardening, botany, and listening to/discovering new music (that’s a big one – that’s how I procrastinate).

Are you involved in any student orgs?

I am the director of social media at the Triangle (our campus newspaper) and I also write op-ed at the Triangle. I also am the founding president of the Drexel Naturalists Association (DNA), which is unofficial right now.

What is your favorite part about Drexel?

I like that there’s a whole bunch of different people and you can pretty much find a social niche, and everyone’s pretty accepting.

Why did you choose Drexel?

It was close to home, and I knew it had good academics. And it’s very cliche to say, “because the co-op”, but that was definitely a factor. And I knew I wanted to be in the city, too.

What has been the best moment you have had here?

Probably when I changed my major, even though my previous major I was okay with. But finding something that I liked a little bit more to do – putting myself out there and trying new things.

What do you want to do after you graduate?

Hopefully go to grad school for either botany or entomology, and study coniferous trees.

Alliy is a sophomore at Drexel University in Philadelphia, majoring in Computer Science and planning to minor in Psychology. Her time is currently divided between working in software development, organizing volunteer students, her fraternity, studying psychology, playing video games, her sorority, wearing a unicorn suit, eating tasty foods and writing a tech column.
Her Campus Drexel contributor.