Campus Cutie: Jordan Jobs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Jordan Jobs

Age: 21

Major: Information Systems, Legal Studies Minor

Class:  Junior 

What are your hobbies?Jordan Jobs: Running, exploring Philadelphia, and trying new restaurants

Are you involved in any student orgs? JJ: Delta Zeta, WISE (West Indian Student Establishment, and peer mentor for the College of Computing Informatics

What is your favorite part about Drexel? JJ: I love that Drexel provides every student the opportunity to succeed in their goals through co-op, student organizations, and the classroom experience. I think the dynamic of Drexel has put me on the trajectory of success thanks to my helpful advisors and mentors who have shaped several paths for me to succeed. I don’t think another university could provide me with the plethora of experiences that I have had at Drexel University. I have had the opportunity to go abroad to Germany twice, I’ve been presented at two research conferences, and have had countless leadership opportunities thanks to taking advantage of what Drexel has to offer.

Why did you choose Drexel?JJ: I realized I wanted to attend Drexel when I went to Scholars Day when I was a senior in high school, and the students who spoke about their experiences at Drexel seemed as if they really had their lives together. I related to those students because they seemed so driven and down to earth. Their experiences at Drexel raised the bar high for what I wanted out of my college experience.

What has been the best moment you have had here? JJ: The best moment I have had at Drexel has definitely been making some of my closest friends through Delta Zeta and other organizations. There is nothing like having family away from home and friends that you can laugh with and confide in. Drexel has helped shape my professional and academic success, but my friends have been there for my ups and downs and I couldn’t imagine my college career without them.

What do you want to do after you graduate?JJ: Since I am about to go on my last co-op as an information security consultant at Security Risk Advisors, I’m hoping to be granted the opportunity stay with them after college, or at least gain a better understanding of what opportunities are available in my field. I think I’ll be staying in Philly because the city is such an exciting place to be right now, and there are so many work opportunities to fall back on. I also love being less than an hour away from home so I can spend time with my family for holidays.

Lauren is a junior at Drexel University, double majoring in Finance and Marketing. When she's not hitting the books or the gym, you can find her at brunch or out shopping in the city. Her all time favorite things include spending time with her family and friends, the beach, and anything fashion related.
Lindsey is a senior at Drexel University, majoring in operations management & bus. analytics. She has been with Her Campus Drexel for four years and was CC for the middle two. Along with living the city life, she takes an active interest in street style, putting together puzzles and binge-watching her current Netflix obsession. She actually calls Montana her true home so now you can say you know that someone actually lives there ;). When she's in Philly, you can find her in Center City scouring the racks of thrift stores, Old Navy, and H&M if she's not on campus enjoying the multiple food trucks or catching up on the readings she put off until the last day.