The Bachelor Recap: Week 9

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

This week’s episode of The Bachelor took place on the beautiful island of Jamaica. This was also the week of the Fantasy Suite, so you know what that means. Ben went on one-on-one dates with all three of the remaining women and by the end of the episode there were only two women left. Keep reading for the full recap of last night’s episode. As usual, beware of spoilers.

Ben’s first date this week was with Caila. The date started off a bit awkward and the couple couldn’t seem to find anything to talk about. The awkwardness continued through their whole raft ride down the river and they both picked up on the weird vibe. When the couple finally got to dinner, Ben confronted Caila about the strange mood she was in. Caila said that she was anxious because of the other women that were still remaining and then she told Ben that she loved him, but he didn’t say it back. Caila accepted that he couldn’t tell her just yet. Ben later confessed to the cameras that he had been waiting for Caila to profess her love. After dinner, the couple watched some fireworks before heading to the Fantasy Suite.

Ben’s second date of the week was with Lauren. This date started off smoothly with a romantic boat ride to another part of the island. Lauren and Ben then got to help baby sea turtles make it to the ocean and begin their lives. After their fun with the sea turtles, the couple went to see a reggae band and had dinner. Finally, the couple went to the Fantasy Suite where Lauren told Ben that she loved him. Ben told her that he loved her too (gasp!).

The final date of the week was with Jojo. The date began with a helicopter ride around the island and then continued with a swim near some waterfalls. The couple spent the day in nature, swimming and enjoying the beautiful scenery. Jojo admitted that she was completely in love with Ben and once again he said “I love you” back (double gasp!). Jojo was surprised that he told her that he loved her because the Bachelor is not supposed to profess his love until the final episode when he chooses the woman that he wants to be with. During their dinner, Jojo talked about their turbulent hometown date and reassured Ben that her brothers were only concerned about Ben breaking her heart. After dinner the couple headed off to the Fantasy Suite.

The next morning Caila decided to surprise Ben with a visit to his place because she was missing him. At this point Ben had already decided that Caila was the girl that he was going to send home. When Caila arrived, she and Ben sat and talked and he told her that he was in love with the other two women but not her. Ben then walked Caila to the car and she got in, only to get back out a few seconds later to ask when he realized that she was not the one (before or after the Fantasy Suite sex, that is). After Ben assured her that he didn’t use her for sex and that it wasn’t until all three women professed their love that he knew he didn’t love her, she got back in the car and drove away in tears.

The Rose Ceremony was uneventful as both of the remaining women received roses. In his confessional, Ben says that his heart is with both Lauren and Jojo and he doesn’t know what he is going to do. We will find out which woman he chooses in two weeks when the finale airs. Don’t forget to tune in next week for the dramatic Women Tell All episode and stop by here for the recap. You can watch a clip from this week’s episode below:

Her Campus Drexel contributor.