15 Reasons Why Fall is Fantastic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

It’s finally happening. With Labor Day far, far behind us and Halloween just around the corner, it is time to embrace the colorful season of fall! Whip out those oversized sweaters and hot drinks and get ready for one of the coziest seasons of the year! To celebrate all the amazing perks of fall here is a list of 15 reasons why we think fall is so much better than every other season:

1. The hot, humid summer is over and you can finally get to class/work without being drenched in sweat topped with frizzy, uncontrollable hair.

2. You are finally settled back into the school/work routine and that means no more getting lost or planning extra time for finding obscure buildings.

3. It’s finally time to switch over to hot drinks that keep both you and your fingertips toasty.

4.  Speaking of hot drinks…PUMPKIN SPICED LATTES.

5. Fall means your favorite shows — like Scandal, Greys Anatomy, and Suits — return and it really feels like Christmas is coming early.

6. Wearing sweaters that are two sizes too big is socially acceptable.

7. Nothing is better than having pizza and drinks on the sofa, rooting for your favorite football team every Sunday.

8. Campus starts to magically turn into a gorgeous array of vibrant color changing leaves.

9. And now everywhere you go there are crunchy colorful leaves to walk through, throw around, or even jump into!

10. You spend weeks planning the epic costume you will wear Halloween weekend…

11. But you will probably end up wearing a ridiculously simple costume anyway.

12. The chilly brisk weather is the perfect excuse to cuddle.  

13.  Thanksgiving is right around the corner, but you only care about the large amounts of food you plan on consuming.

14. Your mom’s leftovers from Thanksgiving automatically trump any dining hall on campus regardless of how good you think they are.

15. Finally, fall means that Christmas will be here before you know it.  

So there you have it. Grab a friend, a hot drink, cuddle up next to the fire and enjoy all the wonderful perks autumn brings us!

Junior at Drexel University; passion for writing and English Literature.
Lindsey is a senior at Drexel University, majoring in operations management & bus. analytics. She has been with Her Campus Drexel for four years and was CC for the middle two. Along with living the city life, she takes an active interest in street style, putting together puzzles and binge-watching her current Netflix obsession. She actually calls Montana her true home so now you can say you know that someone actually lives there ;). When she's in Philly, you can find her in Center City scouring the racks of thrift stores, Old Navy, and H&M if she's not on campus enjoying the multiple food trucks or catching up on the readings she put off until the last day.