10 Best Things to Watch on Hulu Plus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Drexel chapter.

Hulu Plus has recently been stealing Netflix’s thunder as a source to watch a wide variety of TV shows and movies from the comfort of your own bed. However, with so many options, you may be wondering, “what should I choose to watch next time I have a free night (or am procrastinating)?” Here are some of the best things you can watch on Hulu Plus right now that you can’t find on Netflix.

1. South Park

Looking for a laugh with a touch of social commentary? South Park depicts the residents of South Park, Colorado—specifically fourth graders Cartman, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny—and all the ridiculous antics the characters get up to. With a Hulu Plus subscription, all eighteen seasons are at your fingertips. Also, each new episode of the nineteenth season, which is currently running on television, is uploaded onto Hulu Plus the day after it airs.

2. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

The second installment of The Hunger Games is available to stream on Hulu Plus. Catching Fire follows Katniss Everdeen after the 74th Annual Hunger Games. This movie is perfect for Hunger Games fanatics or anybody looking to watch an action movie with a strong female lead.

3. Adventure Time

Adventure Time is the cute, entertaining cartoon that will capture your heart. It is about Finn the Human and Jake the Dog, the adventures they go on, and all of the people they meet, both good and bad guys. The best things about Adventure Time are the character development and the trippy things that happen. Adventure Time is an entertaining cartoon that all ages can enjoy.

4. If I Stay

If I Stay is a harrowing movie about a girl’s choice to live or die after getting into a car crash that kills her family. This movie has an adorable romance and serious family drama; it keeps the audience in suspense while also bringing tears to their eyes. This movie is perfect for one of those days when you just want to stay in and cry.

5. Hey Arnold!

Want to relive your childhood? Hulu Plus currently has five seasons of a childhood favorite, Hey Arnold!. Hey Arnold! is a fantastic show about a football-headed kid, his best friend Gerald, and his life in school and at home. Whenever you’re feeling nostalgic, Hey Arnold! on Hulu Plus is the perfect thing to watch.

6. The Wolf of Wall Street

The Wolf of Wall Street is based on the true story of a man, Jordan Belfort, who rose high up on Wall Street and made an absurd amount of money. Leonardo DiCaprio reenacts a bad*ss Jordan Belfort. Half of the movie is Belfort, his business associates, and friends having a crazy fun time with drugs, alcohol, women, and whatever else money can buy. However, the movie gets intense when the FBI begins investigating Belfort’s illegal moneymaking practices. This movie is an interesting, fun, and wild ride for those who have three hours to kill and want to be entertained.

7. Seinfeld

Seinfeld debuted in 1989, but it’s still a hilarious sitcom that everybody can enjoy. Seinfeld is about four friends—Jerry Seinfeld, Elaine Benes, George Costanza, and Cosmo Kramer—and the completely absurd antics they get themselves into. Even though the show is absolutely ridiculous, the characters are still charming and amusing, and the show is great to watch for a quick laugh.

8. Addicted

Married mother and successful businesswoman Zoe has the perfect life, but still finds she is unhappy. She enters into multiple affairs and finds herself addicted to extramarital sex, betraying her family, and dealing with horrible guilt over what she does. This movie is a guilty pleasure, which you will not regret watching.

9. The Millionaire Matchmaker

The reality show The Millionaire Matchmaker, a personal favorite of mine, follows Patti Stanger, a successful matchmaker, as she tries to set up millionaires on dates to find long-lasting love through her Millionaire’s Club. Not only does she set clients up, she also gives them advice on how to be more fitting for a relationship, and how to choose men or women that will provide them with the kind of lasting relationship they’re looking for. This show is dramatic and hilarious, and Patti Stanger is tough as nails. You should totally watch The Millionaire Matchmaker if you’re looking for a show to binge watch for all seven seasons.

10. Faking It

One of MTV’s successful TV shows, Faking It is a funny drama about two best friends who get mistaken for lesbians and instantly become popular. They decide to keep up the lie in order to enjoy their newfound popularity, but the lie and their friendship are constantly being threatened. Faking It satisfies a craving for those who desire to watch something that will keep them wrapped up in never-ending drama.

Whether you’re in for a weekend of binge watching or you’re just looking to take a quick study break, these titles will keep you entertained. We’ve lined up your queue, now you just have to make the popcorn. So, cuddle up and press play!

Her Campus Drexel contributor.